Author Topic: Stopping 3am feeding.  (Read 852 times)

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Stopping 3am feeding.
« on: June 07, 2006, 01:41:21 am »
Hello.  My Lo is on 4 hour easy - we just started some cereal in the mornings.  I have wanted to drop his 3 am feeding for a while as it messes with his 7am feed - though I don't know why b/c it's been 4 hours - but anyhow.  I started last night, at 3am he woke - when he cried, I went in, turned him on his side to pat, and he went off to sleep within a minute.  Then he woke at 5, 515, 545, 605, 630, 645 and we got up then.  He usually doesn't do this early am waking.  I just want to make sure I shouldn't do this another way.

I think he doesn't need that 3am feeding b/c he did fall asleep - rather quickly - with brief intervention.  I would think if he needed it due to hunger he wouldn't have fallen asleep.  But I can't figure why he woke so early and so many times - unable to soothe himself back to sleep.  He is sleeping fine all other times, napping great 2-3 hours in the AM and 1-1.5 hours in the pm with 30 min catnap before bed.  Goes to bed at 630-7pm, has a DF at 1030. 

Also, should I do wake to sleep for this?

Thanks for reading!

Zoe.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 02:55:16 am by Zoey »

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: Stopping 3am feeding.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 18:21:39 pm »
Ok well - Last night he went to bed at 7pmish, I DF'd at 1030pm, then he slept uhtim 830am OMG!  I got up to check him at 530am cause I thought for sure he wasn't in there LOL and he was sleeping fine.  That messed up the routine a bit but how was I to know this early riser would change things up on me!  So, now I'll set my alarm for 7am, in case he does that again.  I guess I'm ok now, he doesn't need that feeding and things seem to be ok just removing it.

Zoe

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 20:28:52 pm »
Good to hear Zoe!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 04:04:34 am »
is your lo still on the cereal? if it continues (even up to a wk from now it starts again..the night wakings that is ) i would stop the cereal as it may be too much for his little belly to handle just yet. imo it really is a myth that cereal will help a lo sleep through the night..there are exceptions to every rule but for the most part i think it makes things worse  :-\
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005