Author Topic: Need help learning my baby's cries.  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Kyle's Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need help learning my baby's cries.
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:09:05 am »
I must be the worst mother in the world, I can not distinguish my baby's cries!  My DH and I just look at each other in bewilderment.  I have read descriptions of different cries but they all sound so similar from my son that I can not tell which is which.  I keep telling him how sorry I am that I can not understand him and end up crying with him.  I need to hear a recording of examples and what they mean, then I think I will be able to figure it out.  I need more help then just words!  PLEASE HELP!! ???

Offline Jahmum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Jah-Jah
Re: Need help learning my baby's cries.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:11:03 am »
I think every baby has a different way of crying for different things. I really don't think that there is a standard recording of the different types of cries. It takes awhile but u'll figure out what your little ones cries mean. I know that with my babe when she's really tired she has a lower, grunty type of cry. When she's hungry she has a louder, waling cry. Don't worry you'll figure out what your baby's cries mean. How old is your little one anyways? Just remember that it takes time and that you'll learn by trying different responses to his cries i.e. feeding, changing diaper, quiet time for sleep, cuddling, singing, etc. Hope this helps  ;D!
[url=http://www.snugglepie.com]

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 05:20:21 am »
Kyle's Mommy

Are you following an EASY routine at the moment?

That is what EASY is really all about, if you work through your day in a sequencial order i.e. EASY, you know that if you have just fed your LO an hour ago 'E' and she is crying after having some play time 'A', then the likelyhood is your LO is tired 'S'. If you know what is going to come next E,A,S.. then you can then learn to understand her different cries or cues.

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:28:58 am »
I agree with Calums_Mum.  If you follow the Easy Routine, it makes it much easier to decipher.  My ds is 1 years old and I STILL have trouble deciphering his cries!! :-[

I go more with his routine.  So if he just ate an hour ago and is fussing, chances are he is NOT HUNGRY, just wants my attention or wants a different toy...

If he has been playing around the house for a while and gets whiny, I know it is time for a nap.

BTW, your are NOT the worst mommy in the world.  You are a great mommy for caring so much!

Good luck.
Judy