Author Topic: How to start the day???????  (Read 1013 times)

Offline trys7392

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to start the day???????
« on: June 07, 2006, 10:59:37 am »
How do you get a baby to wake up at a specific time in the morning?  My 3 1/3 mo. LO wakes up anywhere from 4am-8 am.  She wakes up and is ready to play…laughing, kicking, etc.  How would you get them to go back to sleep in that kind of mood?  I know that Tracey’s book says for them to wake up about 7.  I just want to know how to do it.  Since mine wakes up at various times, I cannot do “wake to sleep”.  If I did, I would be up at 3 am waiting for her to awaken and who knows how long I would be just sitting waiting for her to wake up.
Our 3 hour-EASY schedule starts once she wakes up.  So there is no “set time routine” for her.  Her bedtime is 7:30, but she wakes up in 20 minutes, 45 minutes, etc.  So she normally is not asleep for the night until 9:00. And she is still waking up at various times in the night.  It can vary from 12 am-3 am.  This cannot be corrected by “wake to sleep” either since it is not a set time.
Anything that I am forgetting?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Cheyennne's Mommy!!

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: How to start the day???????
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 13:38:53 pm »
Could you post your routine please.

Quote (selected)
I know that Tracey’s book says for them to wake up about 7.  I just want to know how to do it.

This is just a time.  You will want to set a time to get up say like 6.30am or 7am for instance,whatever suits you.  Stick to it,  if she isn't awake at the specific time you want her to wake, then wake her.  If she wakes earlier, do ssshh/pat, until it is time to get up.  This will set her inner clock to wake.

Quote (selected)
but she wakes up in 20 minutes, 45 minutes, etc.

Do you swaddle?  She wakes up at the 20 minute mark due to the jolts, what you could do if you do not swaddle, is lay a hand on her arms and legs, to get past the jolts.

HTH
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel