Author Topic: Almost 1- not sleeping through the night and 530 am wake!  (Read 947 times)

Offline chargerfans

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Daniel's Mama
Almost 1- not sleeping through the night and 530 am wake!
« on: June 07, 2006, 14:20:12 pm »
My son will be one in July. He no longer nurses during the night (thankfully). But he does continue to wake - 1-2 times a night. He will be standing in his crib crying and if we go in and give him a hug/pats and turn on his mobile he usually goes back to bed.

He is teething (2 more coming in soon) but he isn't rubbing his mouth when he wakes up. Could they be just waking him up but not hurting?

Since he has been off the night nursing this is his sked -
530-600 wake - 8 oz of EBM (or nursing if I am home)
800 - Cereal with EBM (3-4 oz)
900 - Nap
1030 - Wake and Activity
1100 - 8 oz EBM
1200 - Variety of foods (fruit, veggie, pasta etc)
130 - Nap
230 - Wake
330 - Snack
530 - Dinner - Variety of foods (fruit, veggie, pasta etc)
700 - Nurse (one side, vigorously for 6-7 mins)
730 - Bath
Asleep by 8

So he stays asleep usually until around 2 am. But he isn't hungry, he doesn't drop down on me or anything. And he is ALWAYS up before 6 am. I have tried giving him his bottle or nursing and trying to get him back to bed but nothing works. Sometimes he wants to take a nap as early as 8!

Any suggestions on how to get him to sleep in longer?

Any suggestions on why he is waking? Should I just kiss sleep goodbye?

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Almost 1- not sleeping through the night and 530 am wake!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 14:28:50 pm »
i think you should extend A times some. check out the easy forum for some sample routines.

my dd is about 1 month older than yours but here is her routine:

7:30 wake and feed
11am nap
12:30 wake and lunch
4:30 nap
5pm wake and dinner
8-8:30 bedtime

now she of course is still having three meals a day and snacks also..3 bf's also. hth!! she has almost ALWAYS slept 11 hrs a night and i have adjusted day sleep accordingly.

now are you giving lo pain reliever about a half hr before bed? when he wakes again, maybe try orajel to see if that helps. when my dd was teething she would take the orajel and go right back to sleep as it is pretty much instant relief. good luck with everything!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline chargerfans

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Daniel's Mama
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 18:46:12 pm »
I try to extend his activity time but sometimes he is just plain beat! He wants to go to sleep and becomes extremely cranky. I guess I can try to extend it by a few minutes each day to see if it works.

No he doesn't have tylenol or orajel before bed. I don't like giving it to him if he isn't acting like he is in pain. When he gets up he isn't rubbing his teeth (like he does when they hurt)...

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 04:10:52 am »
well i would def try extending that A time slowly..he WILL be tired on cue at his reg nap time b/c he is used to going to sleep at that time kwim? def keep that extra A time very very low key and do it slowly every few days til you reach the desired amt of time. hopefully you will see some progress while stretching it out :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005