Author Topic: can someone look at my routine  (Read 1517 times)

andibig

can someone look at my routine
« on: June 08, 2006, 08:37:32 am »
hi
my dd is currently teething but i think i need to rejig her routine a little and wondered if anyone could help.

6-6.30 wake-milk 5oz
8am-breakfast
9-9.30 until 10.30-nap (depending on what time sh got up)
12.00-lunch (maybe snack b4 then) with juice
1.00-btl-3-4oz (think shes is getting ready to drop this)
2-3.30-nap
5.00 dinner (again maybe snack b4) with juice
6.30-bath
7.00 btl usually about 6oz
7.15-sleep

for the last two days shes been very cranky and not eating much due to teething. i also don't think shes quite ready for the transition to 1 nap yet. normally shes a grt sleeper and eater so i'm not too concerned just wondered what other people thought
TIA
Andrea

andibig

Re: can someone look at my routine
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 08:57:51 am »
should also add that she doesn't normally have long nap in morning. usually 9.30-10.30 but her sleep was pretty bad last night

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:05:01 am »
My DD is about 2 weeks younger than yours.  Her routine is currently (usually)

6.20am Wake about 30 mins later Bottle 7oz
8am Breakfast
9.45 Nap (1hr only)
11.15am Bottle 6oz
12.15pm Lunch followed by juice
2-2.15pm Nap (1hr 10mins)  if I let have to much daytime sleep this will ruin her currently 11hrs night sleep
3.30pm Bottle 5oz
5pm Dinner
6.15pm Bath
6.50pm Bottle
7pm bed
7.15pm Usually asleep

HTH
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

andibig

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 15:26:04 pm »
thanks for the reply
not much diffirent to mine.just needed a bit of reassurance cos shes teething so badly and has gone right off her food and v cranky. if i gave sasha that much milk she definetly wouldn't eat LOL when would you give breakfast first instead of the milk (at what age) must say shes not a grt brekkie eater

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 15:43:34 pm »
My DS is a few days younger than your dd.  Our routine is as follows (very similar to yours)

6:30-7AM-Wake and bottle (8oz)
8AM-Breakfast
9:00 sometimes 9:30AM nap depending on when he woke up-usually between 1-2 hours
Noon-Lunch
1:30PM-Nap-1-2 hours
4PM-Snack
6PM-Dinner
7:30-Bath, Bottle (8oz)
Bed by 8PM

I think it is similar to yours.  It also changes a bit with teething or when he is not feeling.  I am pretty pleased with this routine.

Looks like you are doing a great job.  Hang in there with the teething.  My DS is 1 years old and only has his 2 bottom teeth.  The next few months are going to be hairy!!!

Judy

andibig

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 18:19:16 pm »
tdrs mum
aww your LO so cute :) :). sasha ate quite well today at dinner. gave her tomato soup cos of her teeth (and shes got a thing about tomatoes at the mo) nice to see that other people have a similar routine. must say i'm pretty pleased with our routine just not the teething LOL. shes currently got 8.just cut her upper molars (still coming through) and i think possibly a bottom molar is going to make an appearance :o :o plus its been very hot here in the uk so i think thats also affecting her appetite ::)
i dread to think when shes going to get her 2nd yr molars as shes been so early with her others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 19:44:10 pm »
Andrea, my DD is just like yours, teething (I think molars as she 8 teeth already), she has gone right off her food, but thank god she takes the milk, V V V Cranky, not my DD at all.

You can give breakfast before milk now. 
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

andibig

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 19:53:49 pm »
thanks corrina for your reply!!
molars have got to be the worst so far!!! i'm going on holiday when she gets her eye teeth and leave her with DH LOL think i will wait until her teething dies down a bit b4 moving b/fast as shes unsettled as it is  ::) ::)

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 17:40:56 pm »
Just wanted to add that my dd has had her milk in a sippy with her meals since about 13 months.  Also, she just switched to 1 nap this last month, so you might still have time before you have to worry about that. 
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 18:21:08 pm »
Hi again ladies,

Since some of you have lo's about the same age as me but with a TON more teeth...I will look to you as my teething experts.  What teeth should I expect next, ds has his two bottom teeth only.  Upper two??? (Not sure the correct names are!!) :-\

Sasha's mommy, hope you don't mind me jumping in and taking over your post.... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\  Sasha is so adorable too.  Love the black and white photo. :)
Judy

andibig

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 18:41:19 pm »
thank you tdrs mom ;D hopefully i'll be able to embarass her when shes older with that picture LOL.
anyway no probs you taking over the post!!! ;D After Sasha got her bottom teeth she then cut her top two teeth (i don't know what they are called either!!). Took forever. then she cut a top and a bottom one on one side and then on the other side. i think it varys from baby to baby but yes generally its the top ones next. once they have the eight front ones then its the dreaded molars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!