Author Topic: Please advise - just started solids with twins  (Read 727 times)

Offline Chini

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Please advise - just started solids with twins
« on: June 08, 2006, 15:13:37 pm »
Hi All! I have identical twin boys who are now 25 weeks (17 weeks corrected). I started weaning, because although my boys were born early, I was told their digestive system is ready for solids at 6 months and I should not delay weaning.  My current bottle feeding is as follows :

6 am Ryan
6.30 am Joshua

10 am Ryan
10.30 am Joshua

solids anytime between 12.30 and 1.30 pm!

2 pm Ryan
2.30 pm Joshua

bath and massage
6 pm Ryan
6.30 pm Joshua

They sleep from 6/6.30 pm until 5.30/5.45 am.

I have started weaning two weeks ago. They are still having just one meal a day. Had them on baby rice for a week and then on pear puree. Today, started on carrot puree! Was very colourful!   ;D

I try and fit in their only solid meal of the day after the 10/10.30 am feed. By the time I have finished feeding Joshua, Ryan is fast asleep and Joshua also likes a nap after this feed. They both sleep for two hours during this time most days. I then end up feeding them solids any time between 12-1.30 pm.

I have tried to bottle feed them together for the first time just before I started weaning, but they did not like it. Therefore, they have now fallen into this routine of being fed one after the other. To go back to the point of this thread, to those who have already started weaning, do you wake the babies up at a set time each day or are your babies awke at a set time/you go with the flow?

Joshua, the bigger twin weigh 14 lb 13 oz and drinks between 25-28 oz per day and Ryan weigh 11 lb 8 oz and drinks 20-22 oz per day.  Obviously, the last thing I want to do is reduce Ryan's milk intake as he is still very small in comparison to Joshua. Any advise would be greatfully received. Many thanks!

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
Re: Please advise - just started solids with twins
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 16:14:39 pm »
Hi Chini, have answered you over in multiples.  :)
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)