Author Topic: Green stools... again.  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Beata3

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 08, 2006, 16:09:18 pm »
Hi ~ I have a question & I hope someone can help... my son's ped. stated that I can eat wheat again. On Sun. I had chicken soup with whole wheat noodles, on Monday I had a burger with a whole wheat bun, and a couple of slices of whole wheat bread, on Tues. I had a wrap (whole wheat) with hummus/garlic & Applegate Turkey, Wed. I had a sandwich on whole wheat bread, whole wheat toast in the am, and I had pasta (whole wheat) for dinner with porta bella mushrooms in olive oil & bals. ving. ~ this morning my son has yellowish-green poops that are a little mucousy (not foul smelling, although he had gas while pooping ~ which he hasn't had in the last 5-7 days), and his poops had JUST gone back to yellow over the last 3 days or so. So, I am wondering ~ could it be the mushrooms? Since I have had wheat since Sun without him having any issues? Or is it the wheat? (The reason I ask if it is the mushroom is b/c his ped. said that it would take about 4 hours after he eats for anything to show up in his system) & since this is the first non-yellow poop in days I wonder... (also, some of the stuff I ate had soybean oil/lencithin (sp?) ~ but I was told that was okay to have as it does not contain the protein. Can someone please help... I am at a loss & feeling AWFUL for having upset his tummy AGAIN!

Thanks,

Beth

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Green stools... again.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:29:50 am »
Been thinking on this one.  Maybe too much wheat?  How old is he and how long had you been of it?   Where you off wheat only, or did the doc think it was a gluten problem?  Or, the mushrooms could be the culprit as well.  One way to find out is to try them again and see what happens.  Not the most fantastic way to check though.  Skip them for a few weeks and try again?  If they were the problem, maybe he just needs a few more weeks of letting his tummy grow up. 
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Beata3

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 13:43:20 pm »
Thanks Jenn~ I am so baffled  by it.  His poops are now starting to go back to yellow so I may try some bread again.  As for what it was ~ who knows... it could have been the mushrooms, garlic, I had hummus with garlic, or maybe the fact that that day I had 2 things with bread (breakfast & lunch) & then had pasta for dinner.  Or maybe it was something completely unrelated!!!  Who knows!

Yes, I was off wheat for about 2 weeks & his ped. said I can have wheat again (as he thinks this is a soy/milk issue).  My son is almost 5 months old.  If his poops are returning to normal for the most part, I can try again, right?  I just get so puzzled as how long before I will know that it comes out in muy milk & he would react to it?  (This way it would be so much easier to know that, oh, it has to be something I ate within the last ____)... I am to the point where I am weary of trying anything because I don't want him to have any more nightwaking then he already has & more fussiness....

Thanks,

Beth

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Green stools... again.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 14:07:06 pm »
I'd say try again, but smaller quantities.  Check with the breast feeding forum about "transit time".  Someone there should know something.  All I know is that the oatmeal dd had for breakfast yesterday showed up today.    ;)  But that's a whole other story!   :)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.