Author Topic: do you wake them?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Ruggie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:17:49 am »
DS is 18mo and takes 1 long nap a day, 2-3 hours.
My question is when he has a really bad night (tummy pain etc) by not being able to sleep well or ended up waking really early an cant resettle, which cause them to nap longer then usual. Do I wake him after 3 hours? Would this effect the next night?
Loanne
Domestic Goddess

Offline Cecilia~Olivia's mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: do you wake them?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 13:28:15 pm »
I have not wakened Olivia...I feel it's sleep she needs, especially if she's sick or teething.  It has never affected her night or next days sleep & she's a very spirited child who is very grumpy regarding sleeping routines. HTH

Offline mumto5cuddlebugs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
  • me and littlest cuddlebug
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 13:39:25 pm »
I never wake my 2 year old, i let him sleep until he wakes up himself, it never seems to effect his sleep at night.He sleeps from one and a half hours up to 3 and half hours.
Kirsty x

Offline Wife and Mummy.

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 13:45:20 pm »
i think its always best to leave them alone { i mean kids dont sleep if they dont want to}ine never woken my 2 dds.but it also depends on yourself its up to you he is your son.good luck.
samantha,mum to all.

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 14:44:27 pm »
I do wake my dd but that 's mostly becasue she has to wake no later than 3:15 to pick up her older sister from school :(.  Regardless of that I would likely wake her anyway because she  will otherwise not go down until past her "bedtime" and wake early the next day or wake in the night which only compounds the problem.  On those rough days I do put her down for her nap a bit early if she is willing.  I think it depends on your experience.  Does the long nap push back her normal bedtime and is that a problem?  If not you can just let her get that long nap and enjoy!

Offline *Nicola*

• Showing Appreciation 429
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 19:37:11 pm »
I too leave Ciara to catch up on sleep.  It doesnt interfer with nighttime sleep and if it does it is ever only for1 night. 
Mummy to 2 beautiful kiddies. 

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline Harrisonsmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 20:35:49 pm »
I put ds down earlier, but would wake by 3pm, with an earlier bedtime. I find longer than 2.25hrs, and we get extra early wake-ups (4.30am!) and there is no going back to sleep then!

Offline Ruggie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 11:37:10 am »
Thanks Ladies

I ended up opening his bedroom door after 3 hours and left it up tp him. If he is really tired, he will sleep through the genral household noise???
And it worked out well, he woke up bright and chirpy on his own after 3.5 hours and did not effect his night sleep that night.

;D ;D ;D
Loanne
Domestic Goddess