Author Topic: Need help!!! please!!!  (Read 799 times)

Offline Jennifer434

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 08, 2006, 20:19:39 pm »
Hi everyone,
I don't post here very often but i wanted to ask your advice.  My DD is 6.5 months old and we live in Italy,  I've noticed that things are done very differently here but I'm not so sure it's the best way.  Here's DD's typical day

7.30am - 210ml formula + 2 teaspoons cereal

11.30 - 120ml veg stock (carrots, potatoes, zucchini, peas) + 2 tablespoons of veg puree + jar of meat sauce.  (this is a standard recipe that doctors gove us.

15.30/16.00 210 ml formula + 2 teaspoons cereal

19.00 210ml formula + 2 teaspoons cereal

I'm supposed to be substituting her 19.00 feed soon with the same thing she gets at 11.30, only difference is she gets cheese instead of meat, I've been too scared to try so far as she is usually far too tired at 19.00 and I think she'll probably refuse it. Also I'm worried that I've taken too much milk away from her too soon she drinks 630mls a day for now.

Any advice anyone??

Thanks in advance

Jenni

Offline twoboys

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Living in Alberta, Canada - EH!
Re: Need help!!! please!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 21:56:57 pm »
Hi Jenni.
Everyone is different on how they feed their children.  My DS2 gets cereal in the morning with a bottle of formula, at lunch he will either get veggies or fruit and a bottle.  At dinner time, he gets the same - veggies and/or fruit (depending on how hungry he is) and another bottle.  Sometimes I try to sneak in a little more formula during the day just to make sure he is getting enough :).   I sometimes give him water - which a lot of people disagree with - but he likes it and I would too if I had nothing else to drink but formula - it's a nice change for him!!

The best thing to remember is that as long as your LO is happy and healthy and gaining weight, she's fine  ;).  If you feel a little more comfortable giving her a little more milk during the day....I say go for it - who would it hurt?!  Unless the DR has given you a specific diet to follow because of her health.

How about substituting the 15.30-16.00 feeding with the DR's receipe instead??  Then give her some cereal at 19.00??

Let me know how it goes and what you decide.....

Stacey
(from Alberta, Canada)

Offline Jennifer434

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 11:14:05 am »
Hi! Thanks for your suggestions :) I'm going to try and substitute her 19.00 feed tonight and see how it goes.
They recommend formula up to a year here too, they just seem to go from giving a whole bottle of formula at lunch to no formula and this mushy mix, whereas in the US and the UK (I'm originally from Scotland) they seem to introduce solids slower Don't get me wrong, DD eats it all up so she obviously likes it!
I'll let you know how I get on tonight
Thanks again ;D
Jenni

Offline Jennifer434

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 20:49:53 pm »
Ok she ate all the solids I gave her but it took her so long to eat that she ended up going to bed at 21.00 instead of 19.30!! 
I think I'm giving her too much solids and not enough milk, her lunch and dinner are both around 280ml in volume and she is drinking 2 bottles of milk a day,both 210ml
any opinions??
TIA
Jenni