Author Topic: Weird night waking?  (Read 951 times)

Offline Jenny_Jen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Mommy to Hayden, Born April 9th, 2006! 6 lbs 7 oz!
Weird night waking?
« on: June 08, 2006, 20:19:53 pm »
Ok Hayden goes to bed around 8 pm (he sleeps best when the sun goes down though like then he knows it's night??) so anyways, I time it (last feed at 7 pm) so he's hungry again between 10-11 so I can do the dreamfeed with him being hungry (he won't take a dreamfeed if I just go in & wake him, he's too sleepy).  He will take almost 6 oz at the dreamfeed this way.  So the first night I did this he slept from 11-5:30 am I was shocked!

Anyways now he started sleeping until 2:30-3 am & waking up hungry (I know his hungry cry) but only takes 2 oz then goes back to bed & then wakes again at 5 am to take another 2 oz then goes back to bed until around 8 am and wakes up but isn't hungry?  Then around 9 am he falls back asleep until 11 am & takes another full 6 oz?  His schedule has me puzzled?  Is this habitual waking & if so what do I do?  He won't take a dummy because he wants to eat!

ETA: Sorry I didn't realize there was a night waking board, please move this if you want.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 20:33:15 pm by Jenny_Jen »

Offline Brandonsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • The owl says "whooo whooo".
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 21:35:08 pm »
Hey Jenny Jen, this same thing happened with us when I tried to implement a dreamfeed. Brandon was waking up 2 other times at night whereas before we implemented the Dreamfeed he was only waking once at night, usually around 2 am. I started the DF to hopefully back that feeding up to a time where one of us was awake. Anyway, after trying for 2 weeks with the DF I finally dropped it and let Brandon wake on his own after I put him down. Which was around 7:30-8pm. It could also be a growth spurt, but if he's only taking a couple of oz. at a time then I would be less inclined to think it was a growth spurt. What if you tried to give him some water when he wakes up? I tried that to help with the night wakings while implementing the DF but it didn't work for us. Others on this website have tried that to get their lo's adjusted to taking the DF and it worked for them. I don't know if I'm much help. I'm a new mom so everything is new to me! Good luck to you ok  ;)
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80