Author Topic: Night time feedings...Help!!  (Read 985 times)

Offline deana_lynne28

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Night time feedings...Help!!
« on: June 08, 2006, 22:03:40 pm »
My DD has her bath at 8pm..fed by 8:30 and asleep by 9pm..then she wakes between 1-2am and again at 5-6 am..How can I cut out the Night time feedings..sometimes she eats 4oz and other times only 1 or 2 oz. Also..How can I get her to take hold of her pacifier she wants it but she doesn't keep it in her mouth..as soon as it falls out she cries..I put it back in her mouth and hold it and she's fine...Help!!

Thanks Ahead of time!!

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: Night time feedings...Help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 00:09:45 am »
Hey there!  Could you post your routine?  Is she on EASY?  Is there a reason she is going to bed so late?  It isn't abnormal for LO's this age to wake 1-2 times a night for feedings.  My LO will be 5 months in a few days and just dropped the 3am feed, and gets a DF at 1030p.  How much is she taking during the daytime feedings?

Thanks!

Zoe

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline deana_lynne28

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 00:59:40 am »
We don't really have a daytime routine. But during the day she eats anywhere from 4-6 oz bottles about every hour to 2 hrs. What time is the best time for bed?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 16:33:16 pm »
Like Zoey said, it's absolutely normal for your lo to be needing at least one night feed at her age. I know that it's no fun to get up that often, but it is normal and she needs it right now so hang in there! It won't be forever.  ;)

Also, you should take a look in the EASY forum - there's example routines in there for each age. That might help you figure out some structure. The best bedtime depends on your lo, but most do best with a bedtime between 7 and 8. 9 is quite late.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o