Author Topic: TV  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Julian2006

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
TV
« on: June 11, 2006, 00:02:40 am »
I am curious to hear others thoughts on babies and TV.  My 13 week old LOVES to stare at the TV.  Is this okay?  He sometimes watches baby Einstein videos when I need a few minutes to myself, but if he is in a room with a TV he loves to watch whatever is on!

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: TV
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 00:06:25 am »
I think it's OK in moderation. My ds has 25 minutes a day of TV - he has one episode of Balamory a day - and he loves it. I don't worry b/c I don't think this is excessive, he really enjoys it, and like you said, it gives me a couple of minutes.

I am, however, quite strict with dp that the TV goes off when it doesn't 'need' to be on - I don't like it on in the background, b/c I think ds finds it distracting
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline nattymarsh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Calleigh from Canada!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 00:47:41 am »
I was wondering the same thing.  My dd loves to stare at the TV (and she has for months now) so much so that I usaully have it turned off when she is in the room, otherwise she wont pay any attention to me. ;)  I do let her watch Baby Einstein dvd's though when I am trying to coax her into taking a bottle because they are a great distraction!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 01:04:40 am »
Hi there -- we had a thread about this a little while back that you can read through for some opinions on the matter
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=59593.0

Basically, you're going to find a wide variety of opinions out there on this topic.  LOL everything else I think I have to say is in the thread I gave you the link for :)