Author Topic: OMG she won't go to bed!!!!  (Read 2002 times)

Offline rach

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 322
OMG she won't go to bed!!!!
« on: June 11, 2006, 19:48:43 pm »
Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhh ok, I had to hide downstairs away from the monster that is my daughter!  She's turned into some vicious fiend, foaming at the mouth, screaming at me because she doesn't want to go to bed!  What do I do, I put her to bed, she follows me straight back out of the room, she says she needs her milk - she's had her milk, she says she needs her potty - she's already done a wee and poop before she went to bed.  I know that she doesn't need anything, she's just trying it on with me because she fell asleep for her nap really late and wouldn't wake up when we wanted her to!

Arrrrrggghhhh - why don't kids come with a mute button - 24 is about to start and I want to watch it in peace!

Such fun!

Rach xx
Rach xx

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: OMG she won't go to bed!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 20:10:39 pm »
Charlotte

BW Aunty Helen would like you to go to bed now sweety so that your mommy can get her rest and watch 24. You had your yummy milk and you have been to the toilet so all you need to do now is curl up in your cosy bed and pretend that you are a little mouse curled up in his hole ready to sleep.

Be a good girly - like you were in Telford..

Hugs and kisses

Night Night

Helen xxx

Offline rach

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 20:23:28 pm »
LOL thanks Helen!

Well I can't actually believe what she's done now - she's climbed over the stair gate at the top of the stairs and came into the utility room to find me.  She scared the crap out of me - I wondered how the hell the door was opening on its own.  Even more so, if she'd fallen while climbing over the gate, she'd have fallen right to the bottom of the stairs  :o :o :o

I'm scared stiff of leaving her up there now, so my option (the wrong one I know) is to let her fall asleep downstairs and then I can put her to bed. 

She is not napping tomorrow!!!!!!

Does anyone know where you can buy taller gates from that are difficult to open from????

I think i've just aged 10 years - all I need now is to go into labour tonight! 

Rach xx
Rach xx

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 20:39:45 pm »
OOh Rachel xxx

Poor you having such a fright! Don't think about what might have been for now - she is safe and sound. And to be honest if letting her fall asleep with you is what she needs to do for one night then so be it - it won't undo everything will it?

I hope you get some peace sometime tonight - and noooo you won't go into labour tonight.. I've secretly written to him and told him to stay put for a short while longer!!

H xxx

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 21:10:29 pm »
i have read a post on here about doubling up the gates , one on top of the other. bit of a pain to open both and extra holes where the fixings have been but at least you know she is safe !
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline rach

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 21:12:54 pm »
I've got a couple of travel cages that we use for the dogs - actually thinking of sticking her in one of those!

OK - social services - that was a JOKE!!!!  Please come and visit me in prison won't you guys!  (Don't forget to bring the cake with the nail file)  ;)
Rach xx

Offline Tamara

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • UK
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 21:37:43 pm »
Oh Rachel {{{BEEG HUGS}}} - I too have one of those DD and mine didn't even nap this afternoon and has been whinging and following me aroung ALL day.  I cna't bear to hear "mam, mam, look at this" etc any more!!!!

I am so looking forward to he move - was saying to DH that I need a bigger house to hide from her in, she finds me far too easily here  ::)

Re: stair gates - can't you just do without it now, personally I would think she's old enough, although I obviously don't know your DD.  I have open access stairs into the lounge (if you get me) and I never had stair gates up, because DD never tried to climb them until she was older, and only then with me.  Even now, she wants to hold a hand going up/down.  However, If your DD like my Brother's little girl, ie a lemming who doesn't see what 's in front of her, then possibly, you might want to try the other ladies' suggestions.  Me, I'd get rid of it altogether

Offline rach

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 22:26:58 pm »
Spoke to DH tonight and told him what had been going on, he said the same thing - take the gates down - she happily charges up and down the stairs by herself anyway and its going to be a while before we need to put them up again anyway.

Now, how to master the getting up out of bed problem!  Can't be doing with marching her back upstairs every 5 minutes!

She finally went to sleep on the sofa at 10.45  :o - she's got her first day at playgroup tomorrow - if she wakes up!

I could really do with a nice large glass of wine right about now!

Thanks guys for all your support.

Love Rach xx
Rach xx

Offline mcruari

• Showing Appreciation 361
  • Turin, Italy (but Irish at heart)
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 08:17:46 am »
Oh so sorry to hear Charlotte's playing up but sooooooooooooooooooo happy to know that I'm not the only one!!
My DD regularly does this and it really is frustrating if you fav programme is about to start ;D ;D
My DD is still in a cot so she doesn't climb out (yet) but she gets us up off the sofa with her wailing and whinging :o :o
I agree, take the gates down and avoid an accident!
Sinéad

Offline rach

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 09:46:06 am »
Ha ha ha - guess who didn't want to wake up this morning!!!

She was fine by the time I dropped her at playgroup, but first thing she was a right grumpy grotbag!
Rach xx

Offline mcruari

• Showing Appreciation 361
  • Turin, Italy (but Irish at heart)
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 10:22:20 am »
That'll teach her!!!
Sinéad

Offline Rachel Anne

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 10:38:52 am »
I feel your pain!  I have stopped fighting Chloe if she has a late nap.  I just put her to bed when I go to bed and she falls asleep easily then.  If I try and put her to bed earlier then I get all those "requests" that you describe.

Kids!!  >:(
Dominic Samuel 18/7/99

Chloe Anne 22/11/02

God doesn't always give us what we want but he gives us whats good for us.

Offline Tamara

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • UK
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 21:54:10 pm »
DD this evening  ::)

Woke up this morning at 08:30, oretty late for her, but she so needed it. 
Whingey/acting tired all day.
Has nursery tomorrow, so given her tired behaviour, bed at 18:30 (usually is between that and 7pm)
Parading about, needing toilet, needing nappy put back on, etc
Ignored the best we could (I mean ,corrie was on, honestly!!!! ::) >:()
Dh eventually went up againonly to find lots and lots of ripped up wipes stuck to the bedroom wall  :o
He calls me up to see, and I tried my best to keep a straight face, but she was SO excited to see me to show what she'd done and I 'had' to tell her off   - She howled  :'( :'( :'(  I felt llike sh*t
I then tuck her in, no nonsense, but not nastily, just not nice, very neutral, that was the wrod I was searching for!!
She then proceeds to HOWL for 15 mins, until DH eventually gets her a drink and she finally settles at 21:00 - 2.5 housr later!!!!!!!!
Guess who'll be tired and very tearful tomorrow when I leave her at nursery?? ::)

Does anyone own a tranquilliser gun?? I need one!!

Seeing how she is as a child - I can see now why she was so difficult to get to cleep as a baby.  I'd act on her tired cues, but she'd scream for onaverage an hour EACH TIME.  I now know, just coz she seems tired, does not mean she wants/will sleep - aaaaargh!!!!

Offline rach

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 18:16:10 pm »
Oh it is soooo frustrating!

Well last night went better than the night before.  I'd tried and tried to keep her awake all day so that she'd be sleepy at bedtime, but I had to go out to the shops late afternoon and she took that as an opportunity to fall asleep in the car - despite me shouting her name and trying to keep her interested in anything that we could see!  ::)

My mum popped round last night and so after Charlotte had had her bath and milk, my mum took her up to bed, did toilet visit, clean teeth and story.  Charlotte got up once, I think to try my mum, was taken promptly back to bed, had a bit of a whine and fell asleep within about 20 mins.

She got up at around 10 ish, but I put her straight back and not a peep until morning!  :D :D :D

I'm so glad that I don't have a nightmare with her everynight! (but before I speak too soon, we'll see how tonight goes!)

Rach xx
Rach xx

Offline J&Jsmom

• Showing Appreciation 28
  • South African living in England
    • Need to promote your baby-related business? Check out my website
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 12:14:21 pm »
My DS is just starting this nonsense. The worst thing is that he shares a room with his 9 month old brother. He climbs out of his cot and gets into his brothers cot and starts wrestling with him. It's only the baby's yells that alert me to the fact that he's doing it. I've now moved the baby out of the room and he sleeps in a travel cot in the spare room surrounded by boxes. The toddler has also started dropping his day time nap and just flatly refuses to stay in bed. I've now given up on that and just let him run around till he's so pooped that he falls asleep (can be anywhere, on the diningroom floor, sofa, our bed wherever). The problem is that if he doesn't have a nap he is impossible all afternoon. If he has a late nap, bedtime becomes a nightmare.

Seriously, do these kids ever get any easier??
Melissa
Mom to:
Joshua Charles Boleslaw born 14.02.2004
Jamie Edward Christopher born 15.09.2005