Author Topic: appropriate activity times for LO's  (Read 1375 times)

Offline jenlee918

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • our adorable little audrey e. lee
appropriate activity times for LO's
« on: June 11, 2006, 23:02:02 pm »
I just have a question regarding appropriate activity times... my Lo is 11 weeks (soon to be 12 on Tuesday  ;D)... She does usually 1 hour of activity time after her feeds, should I be extending this? ( I look for sleepy cues, but some people have suggested that for a nearly 3 month old, one hour seems too short)  If so, does that mean nap times are shorter? 

If anyone can such some sort of guidelines, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks! :D

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: appropriate activity times for LO's
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:48:46 am »
1 hour sounds good to me, especially at nearly 12 weeks.  If it seems to you like she's content with her hour, going down for her naps ok (not overtired or undertired) then I wouldn't worry.  If you're concerned, you might try posting her schedule on the EASY forum and seeing if the ladies there can give you any guidance.

Offline xiuxiu

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: appropriate activity times for LO's
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 19:23:16 pm »
When my lo was 11 wks old, she started having 45 min naps.  At that time, her activity time was 1 hr.
Stacy the nap moderator suggested me to start extending her wake time (nurse n' activity) to 1.5 hr.
increase 10 min every few days.
Lo and behold, after her wake time was 1.5 hr, her nap time extended too.  She sleeps 1.5-2 hr.

So, if your lo started having 45 min nap, you could extend her wake time, see if it makes her sleeps longer.