Author Topic: Milk protein & Egg allergy question  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Frances

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: June 12, 2006, 10:55:48 am »
Oh boy, this weekend, we discovered that our 13 month old has a reaction when fed straight eggs.  We have already determined that he is allergic to milk protein.  I will be making an appointment with the allergist, but I really need to know what I can feed him.

Do any of you have a bit of a list of things that kids with egg allergy can eat?

HELP.

Thanks!
-Frankie

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Milk protein & Egg allergy question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 12:44:15 pm »
Does he also react to egg yolks alone or is he only allergic to the whites?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Frances

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 16:42:09 pm »
This I don't know.  I gave him scrambled eggs.  It gave him tummy aches, a bit of a rash & stuffiness.  I was hoping that an allergist could tell me what part of the egg he is allergic to.  I hate to experiment.  The tummy pains keep him from sleeping well and make him VERY fussy. 

He has been allergic to milk protein since he was born.  Luckily not soy.  I guess, I always suspected the egg, but when I questioned the doctor, he seemed pretty sure that it wasn't a problem.  Although I have offered him scrambled eggs in the past, he only started eating them a week ago.  He loved them, so I gave him eggs everyday last week.  The symptoms got worse as the week grew on.  I stopped the eggs on Friday.  He got better.  Just gave him eggs again yesterday afternoon, and he barely slept last night and has been miserable.

I was just hoping for a list of foods that I could feed him without milk or egg.  It is amazing how milk and eggs seem to be in everything.

Thanks for any help,
Frankie