Author Topic: new formula, no poop  (Read 1070 times)

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 12, 2006, 12:57:38 pm »
It might be too early to ask this question but...i spent the last few days transitioning my dd from similac alimentum to similac isomil, yesterday she had poop in her diaper when i got her up in the morning so i'm not sure when she did it, then did not poop all day yesterday.  today is her first day on only the isomil. it's still early in the day, but should i be concerned if she has a day or 2 or 3 w/ no poops???? i'm getting ready to go on vaca for a few days and she will be w/ my parents, i just want to make sure i'm on top of this before we leave.  Has anyone had any poop issues when switching formulas, i know it's common.  Thanks :)  Also, Has anyone switched to and from these particular formulas.  i'm curious b/c my ped switched her last week (3 mos old) and i always get so overwhelmed w/ info there that i forget to ask questions, like "why switch her?"  i'm assuming it's b/c of the cost, alimentum is way more expensive.  just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation as me so i don't feel like i'm the only mom on earth whose ever done this and is sure to screw it up!  :P

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: new formula, no poop
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 17:14:33 pm »
No don't worry. Its normal. My doctor said not to worry unless it was more then 6 days. If your worried just talk to your doctor.
Kimberly

Offline ruthgarcia

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 18:57:26 pm »
We had a constipation issue with our little one about three weeks ago. We switched to a less expensive version of the formula we were using (we have since switched back to Infamil Gentlease from the other brand). My baby's poo was coming out in little hard balls instead of the regular very soft infant stool, and there was only one small diaper of this per day. We ended up having to add corn syrup to his bottle to un-constipate him. We added two teaspoons to every bottle until he had regular poo, then switched back to the other brand.
After looking at the ingredients more closely, the Infamil had corn syrup in it and the generic did not. So, we pay $6 more to not add corn syrup, basically!

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 23:28:21 pm »
thanks ladies, we had a little poop late in the day!  mommy was thrilled.