Author Topic: Read this today  (Read 1079 times)

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
Read this today
« on: June 12, 2006, 13:42:59 pm »
Receiverd babycenter newsletter today and read from there about solids food and alleries. What you think about it?
http://www.babycenter.com/news/?id=533062#story
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 17:59:00 pm by peike »
~Efka~

Offline Messa

• Showing Appreciation 111
  • Simply Gorgeous!
Re: Read his today
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 17:40:49 pm »
It kind of makes sense because it is also said that children who have animals in their home from early on are less likely to develop alergies.  So it stands to reason that the earlier they are introduced to something the less likely an allergy.
Melissa

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Read this today
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 00:03:21 am »
IMO it goes both ways (to further confuse matters). And this new report only found a link between grains and wheat allergies - not other foods. As long as an intolerance or allergy isn't present, introducing grains early can be a really good thing. But if an intolerance is present and undetected, giving the grains early can CAUSE an allergy later in life.

What I find more interesting is recent research showing that the recent rise in children and allergies could possibly be linked to either:

- our overly clean society - constant washing with antibacterial soap, etc - thus not allowing children to develop natural immunities
and/or
- chemically treated foods that women are eating while pregnant - like chicken and milk with antibiotics, etc. In societies with less use of pesticides, antibiotics/hormones in food, etc, there are less food allergies.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01