Author Topic: 2 or 3 meals of solids at 6 months?  (Read 963 times)

Offline Gippie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
« on: June 12, 2006, 16:54:39 pm »
Hi there,

Our DD is almost 6.5 months old and nearly 21#.   The DR told us to only give her max 2 meals per day of solids.   I was talking with a friend and I realize that she is taking in a LOT of milk and I am wondering if we need to do the third meal.  Right now we BF/FF every 4 hours.  She eats a breakfast and a dinner.   Our feed times are usualy 6, 10, 2, 6, bedtime top off (7:30)and the DF(10:30) - that is a LOT!!!!    At the 10 and 2 feed she takes 8 oz and I saw 24-32 oz of milk from my DR - seems like she is way over that.   

So here are my questions:

1.   When do I stop the DF?    She still takes it and sleeps through the night - I hate to rock the boat.  I heard to stop it when solds are well established BUT if well established is 3 meals - then the DR says we wont be there till 9 months!!!
2.  How do I eliminate that 6pm or top off before bed feed?   I'd RATHER feed before bed at 7:30 - but then there is too long of a time in between feeds...does it matter if I top off....your thoughts?  She has her dinner at 5pm or so - should I try milk with her dinner?   

Thanks for any advice
Stacey

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: 2 or 3 meals of solids at 6 months?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 22:31:34 pm »
Hi Stacey,

A few questions before i answer your questions:

- When did you start solids, when did you go to 2 meals a day?
- When does your DD get up for the day? Could you possible do 6.30,10.30,2.30 and 6.30?
- Have you tried not giving the DF to see what would happen?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07