Author Topic: Question in preparation for WI/WO  (Read 892 times)

Offline onesock

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Question in preparation for WI/WO
« on: June 13, 2006, 05:19:34 am »
I just wanted to mention how happy I am to have found this site!  I have finally found a sleep training method that I'm comfortable with.  Thank you so much for being here and offering your wonderful support.  I have been lurking for a few days and researching the methods and your experiences.  My 15 month old DD is cutting another tooth, so I'm waiting for that to end and then I'm prepared to start sleep training.

I have one quick question before I begin:  Should I convert her bed back to a crib rather than a toddler bed so she can't climb out?  She's never slept in it, just played in there so it would be easy to do.

I just thought of another question:  I have been nursing her to sleep and then sleeping with her in her room since birth (long story).  Should I attempt to nurse her to sleep and then sleep elsewhere first?  Or should I just tacke the whole thing at once?  I have a mattress next to her bed and I could try sleeping in there next to her.  But I worrry that she won't try to fall asleep on her own.  Should I just remove the mattress entirely or try to get her to sleep without nursing but with me still in the room?  Then after that, move the mattress further away each night?  Gee, I've become so confused!!!   :-\

Thank you so much for your help!
Sonia
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:31:04 am by onesock »

Offline onesock

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Question in preparation for WI/WO
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 06:25:54 am »
Okay, I thought of one more question!  I'm starting to act like a flake....it's 12:30am here, so that explains a lot!!!

Should I leave her bedroom door open or close it?  Currently, we close it most of the way but I'm worried about her being scared in there all alone.  Plus, with us going in there every 5 seconds we may as well leave the door open, right?!  What do you think?

Offline imsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 17:19:31 pm »
Hey onesock--very cute name!  Never did walk in/ walkout so not sure how much I can help but just had a question--where does she normally sleep?  Is she with you on a mattress in her room?  Maybe you can tell us exactly waht you do so that we can better help you formulate a plan.