Author Topic: Baby scared of bubbles !!!!!!!  (Read 7921 times)

Offline Michaela's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Michaela - my cheeky little angel !
    • International Work from Home Opportunity
Baby scared of bubbles !!!!!!!
« on: June 13, 2006, 06:19:34 am »
My dp recently brought home some bubbles (the ones you blow through a ring) and blew some for our dd - she went ballistic !!! She screamed the place down. We reassured her with hugs and kisses and then tried again after a few minutes with the same result - she is terrified of bubbles! He also brought her a brightly coloured soccer ball - yeah, i know, what does a 7 month old baby girl do with a soccer ball  ??? but anyway, when she saw this, she screamed the place down too. We hid it away, and forgot about it, then the other day, she happened to catch a glimpse of it and started screaming and crying again!

She does have other balls as toys, a soft fluffly one with a bell that she loves and a hard plastic one that plays music which she also loves. Any ideas as to why she may have this aversion to bubbles and bright soccer balls??? :-\

Sharon

Sharon
Mom to Kaeleigh (19) and Michaela (16 months)

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: Baby scared of bubbles !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 06:35:38 am »
i don't!  ???  what a puzzle!
the fact that she likes other balls is the bit that i can't get my head around... is there a certain texture to the soccer ball?  did the bubbles get her wet? is she steady to sit up?  can she look around and follow things usually as they move accross her visual field?  how weird is it that just SEEING the ball made her cry as well!!!! 
i just can't figure it out!  i am trying to think of something sensory which might make her react which the ball and bubbles would have in common, i can't!  sorry to be of no help...
anyone else with any ideas?

Offline Michaela's Mom

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 12:29:43 pm »
The balls that she loves are fluffy and hard plastic. The soccer ball was made of normal hardish plastic (whatever they use for soccer balls  :-\ ). The pattern on the ball is multicoloured and very bright. We never blew any of the bubbles on her or over her, in fact, we blew them away from her! She still tried (literally) to crawl into my lap and hide!

She sits on her own and is able to look around her with ease and follows things very well.

Hmmmm .... Interesting .... :-\  :-\

Sharon

andibig

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 14:25:06 pm »
Poor LO. DD used to be scared of plastic bags!! i was puttin the rubbish out one day and as i was putting a new bin liner in i thought i would give it a shake to let some air in. DD went bonkers crying etc until i took the bag away.
must say now shes fine with bags now (i don't let her play with them i should add)!!!!! i think it was the noise that upset her but it was so werid.

Offline *Nicola*

• Showing Appreciation 429
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 20:22:16 pm »
It's probably just one of those things I think.  Ciara was petrified of shredded paper for a while and would scream when she seen it.  It was in  box used to protect I present I think, and she hated it. 

I think she was about a year old then.  There was no rhyme nor reason to it, but she screamed whenever she saw it and would try to hide from it.  Bless!

Nothing to worry about and she will probably forget all about it.  I would personally forget all about the bubbles for just now and not even bother trying to get her used to them, she'll come round eventually.

Lovely little girl btw x
Mummy to 2 beautiful kiddies. 

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 20:24:22 pm »
Ewan used to be terrified of flowers, grass and bushes ;D.  Thankfully he outgrew it.  I guess those things will just have to wait until she is older

Offline *Nicola*

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 19:43:21 pm »
Awww our poor lo's.  Aren't we terrible mummies scaring them with things like bags, flowers, paper and bubbles!

Poor wee lambs ;) :P

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline Michaela's Mom

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:15:57 am »
Add toilet roll inners to that - which is something my dd has decided she is terrified of ... ::) We used to give her the inside of toilet rolls (the brown cardboard bit) to play with when all else failed - i tried to give her one the other day and she screamed blue murder and went running for the hills ... go figure ... ;D

Sharon

Offline *Nicola*

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 09:29:15 am »
lol strange kids we have :P

andibig

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 16:34:40 pm »
Add toilet roll inners to that - which is something my dd has decided she is terrified of
can i have them. our dog LOVES them!!! ::)

Offline Michaela's Mom

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 07:29:42 am »
 ;D   ;D   ;D

Sharon