Author Topic: EASY routine for a 4-6 month old - she's skipping her feeds!!!!  (Read 913 times)

Offline lizznsimon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
freya was 8 weeks prem so is 5  months old but also only 3 months old. She  is on the 4 houirly EASY routine and i thought it was working ok - she likes the sleep time and the activity time but the food is now an issue, well, this is week 2 and all of a sudden she has started to skip her 3pm feed.

She has:

7am - Baby rice and 225ml bottle

11am - 200ml bottle

3pm - 70ml (and today she had some stewed pear)

7pm: baby rice (lots of) and 150ml bottle

1030 we've tried to reinstate a dream feed having not had it for nearly a month and last night she had 60ml.

so in total, thats 700ml ish that she is having and i know that is not enough for her weight.

Do i put her back onto a 3 hourly EASY routine? or just keep offering her the 3pm feed? or what?

i just dont know what's happened to her but she no longer seems to be the angel baby that she has been until now and its confusing me.

Any ideas?

Please please help! i have posted a different post on a different baby whisperer board and got no reply, im desperate! :'(

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: EASY routine for a 4-6 month old - she's skipping her feeds!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 15:22:35 pm »
I would consider less solids at this point and offer the solids an hour after the bottle.  At this age, solids are experimentation and the milk or formula is the source of her calories.  See if that makes a difference with her intake (you could try 7am bottle, 8 solids, 11 bottle, 12 solids, 3 bottle, 4 solids, 7 bottle, 10:30 dreamfeed)

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months