Author Topic: DF Amounts...  (Read 715 times)

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
DF Amounts...
« on: June 13, 2006, 19:11:15 pm »
Hi my lo is 9wo and i am trying to get him to get his longest stretch of sleep from his DF on.. Although we are encountering some problems.. I give him the DF at 1030.. sometimes 1000 if he wakes (which he has started to do recently?) He usually takes 4oz at every feed and has been draining his bottle for the past few days so at bedtime (630) i gave him 5oz and he drank all of it.. i expected him not to wake, but he did wake at 1000 and i thought he would take at least another 4 oz , so i made a 5oz bottle.. hoping he would eat it and sleep until at least 300am, but that was not the case, he drank only 3 oz at 10pm and he was up at 230am for another feed... at which he ate 3 oz and then he awoke at 4am and fussed from 4-645am!!

I am unsure what to do but i think what i am doing is wrong! There was a week or so that he was eating at 1030pm and then slept until 330am and then 730am but now that is gone! I havent changed anything until last night and then it just got 10times worse! He is only 9wo do you think he needs a little cereal at nighttime? Because the 2/3am feed seems to be getting earlier and earlier!

His routine is this--

E 700
A
S 800
E 1000
A
S 1130
E 100
A
S 215
E 4/430
A
S catnap 530
bath bedtime
E 630

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Re: DF Amounts...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 22:49:16 pm »
My lo is 10 weeks old.  She wakes up around twice a night (a few times she woke up once and I wish she would go back to that ;)).  However, when we were doing the dream feed she ate a total of three times through out the night so we stopped doing the dream feed. It works for some but not for all.  I think at this age it is hard to know with food becuase their little bodies are going through so many changes that they may just need more food here and there.  It would a dream if they could just sleep and be consistant but I know that will come with time.

-Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
Re: DF Amounts...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 00:20:39 am »
my lo has been waking just once after DF for a few weeks now... if he skips the DF he will usually wake at 12am and 4am.. i would much rather have him eat at 1030 and 330 but we will see how it goes.. i have heard some people using rice ceral this young but my pedi. says not till 4 months