Author Topic: 13 month old... nightmare night wakings and early wakings  (Read 866 times)

Offline jay&danny'smummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 88
  • My boys xx
Well where do I start...Ds has never been a good sleeper at night :(, we had a good couple of months a while back where he only woke maybe once a night but that has all gone out the window ::)
He has had a few teething episodes lately, but they seem to have past. He has also been unsettled because Dp was away in hospital (back now). His routine has been moved recently about as my parents have been helping out while im at work, as Dp cant be left along with ds at the moment.

The main problems are when we put him down at bedtime he won't settle (he used to no problems) he stands straight up crying, gets even worse if you try and leave. Normally end up picking him up and tying to settle him or stroking his face till he falls asleep but someone is normally with him until he drifts off. Night wakings tend to follow the same pattern in how we deal with them. If things get to bad he sometimes comes into our bed :-[ Where I work pretty much full time it has come down to whatever we can do to get sleep at the movement :-[. He is also waking any time between 4.30-6am at the moment which is not helping matters ::)

His routine is:
wake - 4.30-6am
bottle - between 6-6.30am
breakfast - between 7-8.30am
snack - 10ish
nap - goes down anytime from 10.30-12 for 1-2.25 hours
lunch - 12-12.30
snack- 3ish
tea - 5-5.30
try and give bath every night not always possible at the moment
sleep - 6.30-7
The times all depend on what time he wakes up in the morning.

I will be so grateful for your advice, I am so tired and I feel sad that I have lost my way with ds routine at the moment :'(
Emi
xx
Mummy to
Jay Matthew 24/4/05
Danny James 20/5/08
and 2 angel babiesxx