Author Topic: Toddler Twins with Night-Terrors  (Read 928 times)

Offline Twins818

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:16:19 am »
 ??? Good evening. I have toddler twins, a boy & a girl. My little Gavin is having 20 to 30 mins night terrors. I bought two books & both state "You can not treat it as a nightmare. The only thing you can do is attempt to comfort him." But it hurts so much because he looks for scared. I just hold him & pray but I need first hand advise. What exactly is scaring him? and What can I do to help?
Em

Offline beamama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
  • San Jose, California, USA
Re: Toddler Twins with Night-Terrors
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:22:05 am »
Hi Em--my son had night terrors as well; I think he was about 3 years old? It was really scary and it often would get worse if we tried to hold him. So we usually just sat in his room to be with him and let him ride it out. I don't think there is anything in particular that is scaring him (tho I'm not totally sure about that). I know that it was worse when he wasn't sleeping well and he went through a period of several weeks of not napping, getting up really early and just really screwy sleeping! So that is something to look into. My pediatrician gave me a cool chart to keep track of his sleep and that really helped.
Good luck to you!
HTH
Bea
la mamá de Joseph, María y Monica