Author Topic: constipation????  (Read 818 times)

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 14, 2006, 17:04:39 pm »
ugh!  my daughter just switched formulas from a predigested hypoallergenic to a "regular" soy one.  it's been almost 3 days and this morning she was crying and then straining to poop only to have a tiny little bit.  the last 2 days her poops have been much thicker and also very small.  could we be heading towards constipation or is she already? i know a formula change is supposed to affect their poop but...  i'm freaked b/c my husband and i are leaving for vacation tomorrow morning and now i'm nervous about leaving her.  any ideas????

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: constipation????
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 20:38:27 pm »
See if you can get her to drink some warm water with a teaspoon of fresh orange juice or prune juice in it ... worked wonders for William when he became constipated...

Helen xxx

Offline taylorbean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 29
  • Summer Lovin'
Re: constipation????
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 17:56:10 pm »
My daughter was on soy for the longest time and it is just very constipating at first. With time, her body may adjust the same way it has to adjust when first introducing solids. How old is your lo ? If your lo is on solids already maybe just introduce more fibre and fruit, otherwise a tsp. of prune juice would probably help out.

[Julie & Taylor (09/14/2005)