Author Topic: Taking less milk  (Read 756 times)

Offline Ju

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Taking less milk
« on: June 14, 2006, 18:24:25 pm »
I have 4.5 month old twin daughters, and Jess (who is slightly smaller) has suddenly started drinking less. They feed at 7am, 10,30am, 2.30pm and 6pm and have a dream feed at 10pm. They have 8oz during the day and 4oz for the dream feed. For the last couple of days Jess has left about half of 2 of her daytime feeds. She is still sleeping all night, but I am worried that she will start waking up again. I think part of the problem is that she is too nosey and would rather be looking round at what else is going on - I don't really have the option of feeding in a quiet place as I have a 2 year old to entertain as well and there are a limited number of places that I can feed both of them together.
Does it matter that she is suddenly taking less and is now taking less than her sister?
Any ideas as to how I can up how much she takes?
Judith

Mummy to Rebecca (12.12.2003) and Jessica and Emily (30.01.2006)

If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, s/he learns to find love in the world

Offline taylorbean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 29
  • Summer Lovin'
Re: Taking less milk
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 17:57:52 pm »
I agree with pp. Try to four hour easy and it might works itself out or maybe it's a phase, I know dd goes through phases where she's less interested in milk and then her milk intake picks up again after a few days or a week.

[Julie & Taylor (09/14/2005)