Author Topic: Crayon fun  (Read 3600 times)

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Re: Crayon fun
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 23:09:14 pm »
Could you put her in her highchair to paint.  That way you could contain the mess pretty easily.

Hey, I never thought of that! That's a good idea since the tray is easy to clean. Although my DD is such an active girl who hates being strapped in (to car seat, highchair, shopping cart, etc), that I'm not quite sure how long she'd last in it.

Quote (selected)
Before you go ripping up carpets, hardwood and laminate is a nightmare to keep tidy and 'bit'free!  I would never go back to carpet (we don't have any in our house) but it is so much easier to keep than laminate -except that laminate doesnt get marked.  We always have bits of stuff on the floor or sticking to feet, even if we hoover twice a day.  Drives me totally bonkers!!!

I didn't know that about keeping hardwood tidy and "bit"-free. Or maybe it's because I can't see what's been dropped onto our carpet, since it is a brown color that hides all that crud. It's just that I have seen DD holding/waving her sippy cup and dripping water/juice everywhere, I just hate to think how much of it is on the carpet. I was thinking that I could see the mess with hardwood and clean it up. I don't think DD cares about how clean the carpet is though, she crawls eveywhere, touches everything, then rubs her eyes/face or puts her fingers into her mouth.  :(

I guess the biggest reason I hate vaccuuming is that the vacuum which I inherited from my mom is one of those canister types which feels back breaking when I have to tug the other end around behind me. I'm tempted to get a Dyson, but they're so expensive and I can't really justify the expense, especially now that we are on one incrome. Of course I'd probably curse the upright styles for not easily allowing me to vacuum under tables & beds. And I don't like moving furniture around.

Marie

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 08:29:20 am »
Try Walmart/Target for the paint books.  I would think they would be near the colouring books and such.   That is one BIG post it note!    :)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Marisa's Mom

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 17:45:55 pm »
I saw two Crayola Color Wonder products at the local Walgreens (it's a smallish store, sorta like Longs, Rite Aid, ABC, CVS, etc) and noticed that the packaging said "3 yrs +". Do you think I should stick to that? Or is it OK to use them with my 15 mos old?

Marie

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 18:55:47 pm »
I saw two Crayola Color Wonder products at the local Walgreens (it's a smallish store, sorta like Longs, Rite Aid, ABC, CVS, etc) and noticed that the packaging said "3 yrs +". Do you think I should stick to that? Or is it OK to use them with my 15 mos old?

Josie was using them supervised well before then. I think they're worried about the lids to the markers, stuff like that.

BTW, found lots more of them at Target yesterday while looking for something completely different, including a sort of "starter pack" with the finger paints and a couple books and I think some markers as well.

Offline Marisa's Mom

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 21:56:47 pm »
I'm always worried about pen caps. Of course DD loves to grab pens, and stick them in her mouth, & chew on them.  ::)  We had a ball point pen that ran out of ink, it was the kind with the push button on top, so it is a one-piece pen with nothing to come apart as a choking hazard (well, if you twist hard enough, you can open it, but I don't think DD has the dexterity to pull that off yet) ... this is what we let DD hold on to and chew on.

I'll checkTarget for those when I make a trip out there to pick up more diapers. It'll be so cool when (someday) she'll get excited about the box of 64 colors of crayons.  I know that kept me occupied for some time when I was a kid. ;D

Marie