Author Topic: Stopped going to sleep at night  (Read 754 times)

Offline esthere

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • all you need is hope trust and a little pixie dust
« on: June 14, 2006, 21:42:47 pm »
I am really hoping someone can help, the last couple of weeks have felt like its all falling apart at the seams here.
Up until now Harry has been an amazing sleeper, but for the last ten days he is going into the cot but not getting to sleep until 10pm !!!
Here is his day:
Awake 7.45am (sometimes a bit later)
Nap 1pm until 215pm
Bedtime 7pm.
We tried to cut out the nap, and he fell asleep at 5pm before dinner, I still think he needs a nap because he goes straight to sleep when I put him down for it. If we do not start the bedtime routine at 6.30pm, he gets very upset and tired.
All I think of doing tommorow is reducing the nap to 45mins and having it earlier maybe at 12.15pm.
I have tried to think of anything thats changed , we have had extremely hot weather for the ten days, also he developed excema but that is cleared now and does not seem to bother him.
I would really appreciate any thoughts, He is a true angel baby and I really want to get him back on track.

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: Stopped going to sleep at night
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 21:50:57 pm »
If you look down at some of the other posts on the board, you will notice that several of us with approximately 2-yo kids are going through the exact same thing! My dd has been impossible to get down before 9 these past few months. I don't know if her sleep needs have diminished or if it's a molar thing, but in our case it's probably less sleep needed (it's been going on at least 4 months I think). I don't have any advice, but I'm right there with you!
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001