Author Topic: EASY wanted...  (Read 903 times)

Offline lilylover

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: June 15, 2006, 08:36:08 am »
Hi to all!  Just wanted to ask a quick question..would like to start my LO on the 3hr EASY but wondered how can I achieve this when she often does not nap for longer than 45mins, and can't stay awake for longer than 1hr15mins at the most between naps?  At the moment am demand feeding and are using the shush pat method for sleep time.

Thanks to all..

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: EASY wanted...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:13:48 pm »
Hi there,

you could try to extend naps using pat-shush or if your LO is over 3MO you could also try doing it with PU/PD, so that way you can make it close or to the 3hr mark.
HTH

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 16:59:45 pm »
Hi there, Esther has a good point about extending the naps. That is part of EASY..and when that is mastered(so to speak) then other things will fall right into line. Work on extending the naps. If you are noticing a pattern about when your LO is waking ie after 45 min etc..go in before that time...and help your LO into the next sleep cycle. Do you have any of the books? I know in the 1st book it gives great info on the sleep cycles..helped me tremendously!
So, ya...help Lo through to next sleep cycle either by placing your hand gently on your Lo's back and rubbing or shhing....if your Lo wakes up before the nap SHOULD be over. Then as Esther said use pat/shh or pu/pd (have you used either before?)to assist your LO back to sleep. If it comes to the point where she is due to eat (3 hour mark) then I would feed her, change her and attempt to put back to sleep once again using pat/sh or pupd. If you need help on those 2 things....pat/sshh ot pu/pd check out that forum as it is great.
If it gets to be too much for either of you...take a break for a few min..leave the room etc..and go back in and try after.Again, the book has some milestones in it that gave me the courage to continue. Cause it can be tiresome!
HTH! ;D ;D ;D ;D
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.