Author Topic: What have I done???  (Read 1336 times)

Offline clare076

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:15:19 am »
ok long story.

My lo has been sleeping all night since 10 weeks, recently she started waking during the night spending 1 hour chatting to herself so I tried increasing A time during the day. Well now night sleep is beautiful again and day sleeps have gone shocking.

LO is 6 months old, been on EASY since 8 weeks.

routine (new)

6.30/7.00 awake bottle
8.00 cereal
9.30 bed (sleeps for 30mins tops)
11.00 bottle
12.00 vegies
1.30 bed (again 30 mins)
3.00 bottle
4.30/5.00 catnap occassionally
6.00 bottle
6.30/7.00 bed. Time depends on whether late catnap is taken.

Should I go back to a 2 hour A time? She wakes up extremely happy from both naps, wide awake and chatting to herself. ssh/pat, pu/pd do not work, however understandably by 6pm she is very grumpy.

Any suggestions
Clare

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: What have I done???
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:06:40 pm »
Hi there

i do think its very little sleep for such a LO, but every baby is different, my DS really needed 2 2hr naps at that age, and in comparison my niece only took one 1hr nap and then a 30min catnap at that age, and she was happy as ever, so you see, every baby is different, i think if her nigth time sleep is fine, and she is a happy chippunck, you should leave it like that, but do try to get her to take a catnap, so that she isn't grumpy by bedtime. Why are days when she doesn't take a catnap?

Offline clare076

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 12:32:28 pm »
Why are days when she doesn't take a catnap

Totally her decision if there is a catnap or not.
I give her the opportunity to take a catnap every evening at around 4.00 / 4.30. We usually lay on the bed and have really low key activities. ie back/belly rubs. Sometimes she will drop off to sleep really quickly, other times she protests and we are still laying there awake at 6pm. If she doesn't sleep sometimes I take her for a stroll, still wide awake but becomes very grizzly by 6. I wont let her have a catnap after 6 because it is bed at 7 and have learnt a late catnap interrupts her night sleep.

We have done this since she was very little, as I have always used it as my rest time too before DP comes home and dinner prep. begins.

Today she woke at 6.15am, has slept for a grand total of 80 mins and went to bed like normal at 7pm.

My mother keeps saying maybe that's all she needs, and maybe it is, but why has her sleep changed so much in a matter of a week?

Offline estherofi20

• my gorgeous babies
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 14:05:32 pm »
Maybe you could try extending her pm nap a bit with pu/pd so again she won't be so grumpy by bedtime, but i say if she is happy, then let it be.

Offline estherofi20

• my gorgeous babies
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 14:59:49 pm »
I would aim for 2 hours total, given her really great night! This would be about 14 hours of sleep and this is average.

yep, me too.

Offline clare076

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 22:07:30 pm »
Thanks everyone.
I tried wake to sleep yesterday and we got 40 mins am nap then 40 mins pm nap.  :'(
She was sobbing by 6.30pm but has again slept all night.
I think this has all come about by me trying to change her sleep times due to dropping the afternoon catnap. Prior to this week she was having at least 60mins at each nap.
Going back to 2 hour A time today to see what happens.

Thanks for your help
Can naps be effected by teething?

Clare