Author Topic: Short naps  (Read 1409 times)

Offline SAHNE

• Proud momma to Carter, Turner, and one angel baby!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • The two little beasties who have stolen my heart!
Short naps
« on: June 10, 2006, 13:16:21 pm »
My son (11 wks) is going thru the short nap stage (anywhere from 30-1 hr)... he wakes up and seems to be hungry all the time, but I know he can wait the 3 hours.  He is taking his nap 1 hour after he eats (which only takes him 15-20 min).  Should I try to extend the naps with pat/shush or get him up??  I've tried to keep him sleeping, but he seems upset.  Any advice would be appreciated.
-Steph

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: Short naps
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 18:29:06 pm »
Hello, welcome to the boards :)

Can you please post your lo's routine? I know at 11 weeks it won't be hard and fast, but if you give us an idea of his routine, it will help us answer your question
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline Jonahs Mom

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 21:33:49 pm »
I am having the same problem with my son! He is 8 weeks old and up until this last weekend was a great sleeper! He is also on a 3-4 hour EASY and now can't seem to go more than 2-3 hours in between. This problem only occurs in the afternoons. It is during that time too that he does not eat well. I know he isn't having his growth spurt because of when it happens and because he had one last week. ???
~Keri~

Offline SAHNE

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 16:46:18 pm »
Wake 6:30-6:45 (A with daddy b/4 work)
E - 7
A-
S - 8-8:30/9
A
E-10
A
S-11-11:30-45
A
E-1
A
S-1:30-2:15-2:30
A
E-4
A
S-5-5:45
A
E-7, then bed (bath every other night, otherwise change into pjs and read)... usually takes an hour or so to get down for the night, then I dreamfeed between 10-11 when I go to bed.  He wakes up usually between 3-4am, however last night it was 2am.  It can take 45-1hr to get him back to sleep, then he only sleep for an 1 and then is up on and off until 6:30.  I am pretty sure he's always over-tired, but I can't seem to get him the sleep he needs.  Pt/shush works to get him down usually, but not when he wakes up after the first sleep cycle.  He is very active all the time and hard to get wound down.  Activities are pretty low key - bouncer seat and toy or reading/singing.  Any advice would be appreciated... I'm getting worn out as it takes an hour to get him to sleep and then and hour to try and get him back to sleep when he wakes up.  He's now 12 wks.

Thanks,
stephanie
-Steph

Offline SAHNE

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 16:48:03 pm »
One other note.  He uses the pacifier to get to sleep, but doesn't wake up when it fall out... but does wake up sucking his fists.  Actually he sucks on his fists all the time.. when hungry or sleepy (which is all the time).  He often falls asleep while eating.. which I always wake him up and don't let him stay asleep....
-Steph