Author Topic: He wont eat  (Read 1644 times)

Offline ~Faye~

• A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO SEES THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES THE FAKE SMILE .
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 369
  • If life hands you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
He wont eat
« on: June 16, 2006, 09:29:48 am »
I don't quite know how to get DS to eat now. He has got to the stage of just wanting to play. He won't let me feed him with a spoon, he wants to do it himself so I let him but he doesn't get hardly any on it and it all goes on the floor (which doesn't bother me as long as he is getting something), and I have tried to feed him while he has a spoon and that doesn't work anymore.

He used to love finger food but now sees it as a toy. If I'm sat there (which I always am) he wants to feed me ::) I tried taking it in turns that didn't work, him feeding me and me feeding him at the same time that didn't work. I know he is hungry, I have heard his tummy grumble yet he still doesn't eat. Maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, he does eat but hardly anything. For breakfast this morning he had 3 shreddies and 1 grape and that was it. I couldn't get him to eat anything else, not even his favourite, a banana.

Any advise would be so welcome, I am beginning to think of selling him on e-bay ;) ;D :P

Faye :-*
Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy
http://postnatalillness.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline jobi

• VBACing, homebirthing, breastfeeding, cloth nappying, babywearing mum to 6...
  • Showing Appreciation 241
  • MUFC-The religion...
    • Ndi
Re: He wont eat
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:56:55 am »
I am beginning to think of selling him on e-bay ;) ;D :P

I'll do you a swap for one of mine  ;) ;D

Have no advise really, all 3 of mine were terrible eaters as babies. Jordan finally found his appetite when he was about 5 ::)
Marc and Jamie eat little bits at a time, sometimes they'll go days on just yogurts then all of a sudden they'll want 3 course dinners!!

Just try to go with him and keep offering him his faves, He won't starve himself, He'll definatly eat when he gets hungry.

Marc only had one of the tiny petite filous yogs this morning  ::)

Good luck and try not to worry to much

Love Jo  ;D
Jo  
Mum to
Jordan-28-04-97
Marc Alex-30-06-02
Jamie- 06-05-04
And Shelby- 14-07-07
And now Brandon and Aimee!
Married to kev the invisible!!

Crazy? Moi? Of course!!

Offline ~Faye~

• A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO SEES THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES THE FAKE SMILE .
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:01:28 am »
I am beginning to think of selling him on e-bay ;) ;D :P

I'll do you a swap for one of mine ;) ;D

Your on ;D Any one in particular? They are all so gorgeous.

Actually how about for the Take That tickets, not that I'm desperate or anything ;)

Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Showing Appreciation 52
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 12:23:58 pm »
Not much interest in food here either, Faye ! I just take advantage of any window of opportunity that presents itself when he shows signs of hunger: this morning on the bus on the way to work/nursery, he had a pancake, cheese strips and grapes. Last Saturday, he hasn't hungry for breakfast but when I had some readybrek at 10 am, he came over and stole some of mine. I've sort of given up on the idea of set meals for the moment and keep offering food when he is in the mood

He likes to feed me as well. I say "how generous, but you don't have to share with Mummy !" and the next minute he looks at the food and thinks "she right, too yummy for her !" and pops it in his mouth  :)

PS: Shame to have missed you at the meetup - hopefully we'll have another one some time

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 01:03:38 am »
DD has had her days where she eats very little. She just gets cranky when I try to force the issue. She's especially finnicky about eaing when she's teething. There are times when all she's willing to eat are cheerios. Although lately I've had some luck with finger food cheese cubes when she refuses dinner, at least I feel like she's getting something nutritious in that little body of hers. I've found it best not to push her, she will eventually eat again when she is hungry. When she eats very little one day, she usually wakes up the next day ravenous. I've stopped planning out a "balanced diet" on a daily basis, and try to shoot for a weekly average. This translates to less stress for the both of us...  ;)

Marie

Offline *Nicola*

• Showing Appreciation 429
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 19:37:12 pm »
Ciara is a pretty good eater so I don't know if my advice will be any help - do with it what you will.

If she is refusing to eat we used to be more relaxed with meal timings and where food was.  So we'd have breakfast then have some interesting bits of food on a plate in the living room etc.  It was then up to her if she ate it or not.  This helped me stop getting frustrated about her not eating, and consequently creating battle of wills situation. 

It really depends on your attitude to eating thou.  It's probably 'just a phase' that you need to ride out - but I know that doesnt help at the time.

Good luck

Mummy to 2 beautiful kiddies. 

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline rachaelh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 23:14:34 pm »
So glad to hear that there are others out there having the same issues. Ollie's appetite was always something we could brag about. This was a kid who would eat brussel sprouts, grapefruit anything really. Tonight, I wiped half a yogurt off the wall and half off his onesie.  Why is it that the most labour intensive food is the least appetizing???? ARGH!! 
Rachael

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 04:59:23 am »
Oh, I just wanted to add something we had to do with DD's meals. If she doesn't eat a "dinner" meal at dinnertime, we'll mix it up and serve it to her at breakfast time instead. Of course, at breastfast, we also give her banana, so it ends up being a spoonful or two of the "dinner" meal, then a spoonful of banana, and we just keep alternating until she finishes the meal. Works like a charm.  ;D

Marie

Offline ~Faye~

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 06:24:47 am »
Thankyou everyone. Your advise has been really helpful. We've put it into practice and it seems to be working. :) Hoorah.

Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy