Author Topic: Dreamfeed  (Read 957 times)

Offline toriaum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dreamfeed
« on: June 16, 2006, 15:32:33 pm »
I have a question regarding the dreamfeeding.  I read this book when my daughter was 3 months and already sleeping through the night ( I'm very blessed by her sleeping ability and i"m sure my next child won't ever sleep so that I"m not too spoiled)  I did tank her up with a cluster feed but I would put her down at 9pm and she'd sleep til 8:30am.  NOw she goes down around 8pm and sleeps till 8am.  I'm wondering if I should do the dreamfeed anyway?  or just not mess with it as it seems to work without it?  I don't want to messup this pattern we have going but I'm also afraid she may need more to eat int he future.  (She's now 18 weeks and is still gaining wait steadily)
I would appreciate any input available!  THanks!
-VIctoria

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: Dreamfeed
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 20:48:54 pm »
If she is sleeping through the night without it, I would say, don't start doing the dreamfeed.

HTH 
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Dreamfeed
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 00:36:57 am »
I agree with Corrina.  The only reason I could think of that she might start waking in the night for feeds would be during a growth spurt (4-6 months) or a need for a schedule change during the day.  Although that wouldn't really mean she needs a feed.
Congrats!  And I know just how you feel as I'm blessed with a great sleeper, but very scared at how this next one will sleep  :-\.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007