Author Topic: LO having nightmares!!  (Read 963 times)

Offline mariela

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Walk the talk!!
LO having nightmares!!
« on: June 16, 2006, 22:50:52 pm »
My LO is 1y11months, he has excellent sleepimh habits and sleeps thru the whole night, however a few weeks ago he cries in the middle of the night and even wakes up wery altered.
You can tell he was having a nightmare. It breaks my heart to see him cry like that. I clalm him down and try to make him to back to sleep. Stay by his side and sign one of our songs.
How normal are nightmares?? I do not know if it is normal!!
 ??? ??? ???

Offline Harrisonsmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 17
Re: LO having nightmares!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 09:44:38 am »
Harrison has had the odd nightmare, I think they are quite common, especially as they get older and more aware and things play on their minds more. I think H is more prone to them when he is overtired or has been overstimulated during the day. I find him crying but still half-asleep, but he is normally soothed back off quite quickly.

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: LO having nightmares!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 18:05:02 pm »
Yep, totally hear you there. Ds is coming out of a bad virus and we've been having rough times with feeding and giving him the meds (they were a LOT and he was terrified of seeing me with a dropper in m,y hand :'( :'() afer a week of wrestling incidents he's been having horrible nightmares. It breaks my heart cause he cries with so much desperation. Usually i settle him back with a shsh or it's ok mommy's here or i give him his teddy bear to hug. No more than 2-3 mins but still :'(

Before this row, he'd have an ocassional nightmare once or twice a month on days he was particularly tired (lots of kids to hang around with, etc) and were exactly the same. I don't think there's much we can do to avoid them but to reassure and observe carefully if something's going on in the household that can be disturbing him (ds used to be afraid of the vacumm and would wake hysterically from his nap some days if he heard it in day time... we took care of that one...).

Good luck and hope they end soon!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake