Author Topic: won't sleep past 5:15 a.m. Help!  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Trentsmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 17, 2006, 16:55:22 pm »
Hi!  My little guy is a 8 & 1/2 months and won't sleep past 5:15 in the morning.  He has been like this for ages.  He goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:00 and also has a hard time napping during the day.  Putting him to bed a little later or earlier has never made a difference in his wake up time.  I have tried letting him mantra cry, but he never goes back to sleep.  Any suggestions?  He is on the four hour E.A.S.Y. and started sleeping through the night around 7 months.

Thanks!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: won't sleep past 5:15 a.m. Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 23:43:31 pm »
Popping this over to general sleep.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 03:42:31 am »
could you post your routine? it is prob just a matter of tweaking it and maybe a bit too much daytime sleep.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 11:13:15 am »
I have one of these too :( Would love to read the replies!
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline Trentsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 14:21:11 pm »
Hi,

My little guy actually takes very short naps.  I am currently working on it, but he has a hard time napping.  He has about 3 hours of awake time in between, and since his naps are so short, he still takes 3.  Here's how his routine usually goes.

5:15 wake
6:15 6 oz. bottle
Activity
7:45 breakfast
8:00 nap routine
8:15-8:45 Nap
Activity
10:15 6 oz bottle
11:45-12:15 Nap (Naps are always erratic- usually short, but occasionally sleeps up to an hour)
12:15 lunch
Activity
2:15 bottle
3:00-? Nap
4:30 dinner
6:15 bath, bedtime routine
6:45 bed

I have tried moving his day forward by waiting on the first nap.  When he was able to stay up 3 hours, that helped, but whether he goes to bed at 6:00 or 7:00, he is just stuck on that same wake-up time.

Offline teezee

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 01:15:29 am »
i def think in your situation once you get the nap issue sorted out and get rid of that third nap the night sleep/early wakings should sort themselves out. what have you tried/been doing to sort out the short napping? wake to sleep? pu/pd? anything else??

have you yet checked out the nap boards to see if they can give you any other ideas? good sleep begets good sleep...if once you have the naps figured out if you are still having the early waking it prob has to do with a bit of tweaking but i don't think you will be able to figure that out without getting the other done first kwim? a lot of times too much day sleep or overtiredness will cause that early waking..and the fact he is still having three naps could also contribute on top of everything else. so take it slow (which i am sure you have no choice right now  ;) :-\  ) and work on one thing at a time...fingers crossed for you :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Trentsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 01:47:28 am »
Hi!

Right now I have just been using the walk in/walk out to get him to go to sleep on his own in the crib.  He was doing it before, and then somehow we got off track.  I'll give it a few more days and then possibly try the wake to sleep.  I think he wakes early from overtiredness- I'll definitely read in the  nap section to get some ideas.  At 8 and a half months, how long can he be awake at a stretch during the day?

Thanks!

Offline teezee

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 02:10:16 am »
all lo's are really different and are able to handle different amts of A times..for this question it might be best to look at the EASY forum..since things were moved around recently i am going to give my best guess and say it would be found in the FAQ'S in the easy forum..routines for different ages..should give you a better idea. :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005