Author Topic: Turned 6months this week now thinks he doenst need much sleep??  (Read 902 times)

Offline andrea21

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • My 2 boys...
My Ds turned 6months this past Tuesday and since then his sleeping during the day has been all over the shop.He had his needle on Wednesday and I put it down to that.But now not sure if he needs to cut a sleep out,or not sure what the go is?

He hasn't been a great sleeper during the day,but has slept Thur the night from 6 weeks from 7-7.30pm-7am so I have not been too worried as I am alone alot of the time with my 2 children as my Dh is away alot.

He was having 1hour in the morning,1.5hours at lunch and 45-1.5hours in the afternoon and going to bed ok at nighttime.
Now on Tuesday he had 2hours in the morning and half an hour in the afternoon.Wouldn't go down at lunch time just kept crying.Wednesday had 1.5hours in the morning 45 min in the afternoon.Thursday nothing in morning and 2 hours at lunch nothing in afternoon.Saturday 20min in morning in car as was going out,half an hour at lunch in pram and 1.5hours in the evening but took 3 hours to get him off to sleep at night time and he has always been good to settle At night time.

I read that they say for 6months one 1 hour sleep and 1.25hour sleepfor there age.
So should I just be trying to get him to  have 2 sleeps a day,as it seems that he might be trying to do it himself,which would be good to have a bigger lunch time sleep.

His DD has school and I have to work around her school hours for this coming week then she has off until september which will make him bigger for his sleep.

Any advice is welcomed,as I am by myself now,my DH is home on Monday lunch for one week then away for one month,so any advice is really appreciated. ;D

Offline andrea21

• My 2 boys...
Re: Turned 6months this week now thinks he doenst need much sleep??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 16:34:32 pm »
Today he woke at 6.30am and wouldn't go down until 10.45am woke up at 11.50am.Tried to get him down earlier and he just screamed,but he was starting to get cranky but just wouldn't go down.
He had another sleep at 3 to 4.15pm which did have trouble getting him down.

He has been very grumpy in the afternoon and he is getting a tooth thru,which would explain for him been very grumpy but not too sure about the sleeping.

Normally in the morning he is rubbing his eyes after one hour to one and half hours after he wakes but the last 2 days hasn't done it but getting cranky around 10am but he has a bottle at 11am.

It might just be all related to the tooth coming,thru might have to wait and see how he is once it comes thru.

Offline andrea21

• My 2 boys...
Re: Turned 6months this week now thinks he doenst need much sleep??
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:50:45 am »
I will see how he goes today,but his Dad comes home today and hasn't seen him for nearly two weeks,so everything will be out of wake today.
Hopefully the tooth comes thru the skin soon,then won't be so hard.

My DD didn't cut her first tooth until she was 8months and had no pain,and her 2nd until the day before we flew to Aus from Europe but overnight it cut the skin and no problems.
So this is all new in a way with the routines out of whack and been upset.

Thanks for your help. :D