Author Topic: Are We Ready for 3.5/4 hour EASY???  (Read 864 times)

Offline janelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Are We Ready for 3.5/4 hour EASY???
« on: June 19, 2006, 13:34:33 pm »
DS is 3.5months olds.  We have just changed to bottles for about 1 week.  He very rarely takes a full feed.  When he does he will barely eat any at his next feed.  At the moment I am offering every 3 hours.  I was thinking of changing to 3.5 hours as he can only stay awake for 1.5 hours still.  I am a bit worried though as we are still struggling with short naps ranging from 30 mins to 1 hour max which makes EASY really hard.  If I did change our routine would go something like this:

E:7:30am
A
S:9:00am

E:11am
A
S:12:30pm

E:2:30pm
A
S:4pm

E:6:00pm
A
S7:30
E10:30pm

My concern with this is that is seems an awfully long time from 6:00 feed until dreamfeed at10:30pm! Do you think that will work?  If not how should I change it? Should I try extending the A times to 2 hours or should I wait a bit longer?  Any advice at all????
Liana (6)- 9th January  2004
Liam (4) - 8th March 2006
and my beautiful new bub!

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: Are We Ready for 3.5/4 hour EASY???
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 19:04:04 pm »
How much does he take at a feed?

How long is taking in feeding with the bottle, and which teat are you using? (I remember you asking advice on which teat you should use in the bottlefeeding forum).

You could always go to 3.5hr EASY, and either feed at 2.30, 5.30pm and a top up at 7pm just before he goes to sleep, or keep it like it is and bring the dreamfeed forward to 10pm.

Is he still waking up to be fed during the night?

I wouldn't try to extend A times for the time being as he is not getting enough restorative rest at the moment.  Maybe he is overtired, do you go by the clock or read his cues?
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline janelle

• Showing Appreciation 16
Re: Are We Ready for 3.5/4 hour EASY???
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 23:58:40 pm »
Quote (selected)
How much does he take at a feed?
Between 90ml and 120ml. Occassionaly more. Will usually go big feed,small feed, big feed, small feed....

Quote (selected)
How long is taking in feeding with the bottle, and which teat are you using?
About10-15mins.  I am using the medium flow teat.  Sometimes he gets frustrated so I turn to fast (using variable flow Avent)

Quote (selected)
Is he still waking up to be fed during the night?
He has just started sleeping through.

Quote (selected)
Maybe he is overtired, do you go by the clock or read his cues?
A mixture as he is definately overtired by the end of day due to hislack ofnapping!!!!
Liana (6)- 9th January  2004
Liam (4) - 8th March 2006
and my beautiful new bub!