Author Topic: blisters from crawling  (Read 9959 times)

Offline home alone

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
blisters from crawling
« on: June 19, 2006, 14:40:08 pm »
Hi
I think I shouldn't worry about this since it doesn't seem to bother my lo but the skin of both of her big toes have been peeled due to recent crawling development.  She had socks on until last week but it's so hot now so I removed them.  We have hard wood floor so this might be the cause.
Has anyone else experience this?  Do I just leave it or put bandaid or anyother thing I should do?

Thanks,
Monica
monica
http://lb1f.lilypie.com/15Anm5.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie First Birthday tickers" />[/url]

Offline Michaela's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Michaela - my cheeky little angel !
    • International Work from Home Opportunity
Re: blisters from crawling
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 07:19:45 am »
Monica, maybe you should try and find some very thin socks that baby can wear when crawling which you can take off afterwards. The thing with blisters is that they can become infected so easily so it might be wise to take some precaution.

Sharon :)

Sharon
Mom to Kaeleigh (19) and Michaela (16 months)

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 05:35:41 am »
If she's anything like my LO, then bandages wouldn't work very well... they'd end up getting picked off, and possibly end up in the mouth.  ::)

Good luck finding thin socks that will stay on.  ;) 

I wonder... do they make closed-toe sandals? You know, regular sandals that are open enough to let the food breath, but closed toe to protect the toes while crawling?

Marie

Offline home alone

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 13:48:44 pm »
Thanks, i never know when I am suppose to relax and let them tough it out or worry.
The skin is actually red and open.  I found socks that stays on (unfortunately, i got them at a 2nd hand store so don't know the brand?!) I think few more days of this will give her time to heal and build callous (maybe).
Monica
monica
http://lb1f.lilypie.com/15Anm5.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie First Birthday tickers" />[/url]

Offline Lola

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 13:52:51 pm »
my lo wears leg warmers when she has a dress on and i have those soft Robeez shoes for her crawling.
robeez also makes sandals. They are amazing! :)
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Marisa's Mom

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 16:42:10 pm »
I second the Robeez shoes, they are great! DD has several pairs, they hold up well and look so pretty. :)  They do have sandals which have holes to make them more "airy", however they might still make you LO's feet hot/sweaty, depending on how hot it is in your area. DD can't wear the regular Robeez shoes on super hot days cuz they make her feet hot and more sweaty.

Check their website occasionally, they sometimes have free shipping for order of 2 prs and up. I recently picked up 2 prs in the next size up for DD. Can't wait for her to fit into them, they're soooo cute.

Marie

Offline joslil

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 03:03:03 am »
My son has to wear good shoes all the time bc he was trying to stand on the backs/sides of his feet to stand up.  Last week he rubbed a horrible blister on the side of his little foot and a week later it is still bleeding.  I took him to the doctor and they said to keep it bandaged with a sock on it and neosporin during the day.  Then let him sleep without anything so it can air out at night.  Very hard when they are so active.  Best of luck.
S - mom to...
pink - 09/15/2001
pink - 08/31/2003
blue - 07/21/2005

Offline home alone

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 20:03:03 pm »
Thanks joslil.  Mia's feet have healed little bit and I've been putty on socks until they falls out so it's better now.  Marisa's mom,  I like Robeez very much as well.  They look so good that Mia's sucking on it all day. :P
monica

Offline Marisa's Mom

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 05:21:28 am »
I like Robeez very much as well.  They look so good that Mia's sucking on it all day. :P

Sigh... so my LO is not alone in that pastime!!!  ;D I always tell her not to do that, but she still does. Of course, she still tries to suck on her toes too  ::), although not as frequently as she used to, thank goodness! Ah... the joys of being young and flexible...  ;D

Marie