Author Topic: AGHHHH!!  (Read 926 times)

Offline karene

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 19, 2006, 18:27:56 pm »
 ;D HELLO ALL.
I think I have made one God almighty parental accident here.
My lovely dd is 29 months old now. She is totally gorgeous apart from her eating.
She feeds herself fine at day care, unless ill. But even they have noticed a change in her recently.
I always end up feeding her at home. She takes FOREVER to eat, leaves the table constantly, demands the TV on, day dreams, leaves food in her mouth for ages, and to cap it all, even masturbates in her chair.
I have cut out most of her snacks and she really used to eat very well until around 6 months ago. I know I do wrong by feeding her, and lately I am getting really mad with her- a thing i really didnt want to do as it is a constant battle to get anything into her stomach!!
How do I get out of this rut? I dont like it, she doesnt like it, and to be honest, it takes around an hour to get even half her dinner down her these days.
Also, how do you guys handle this masturbation thing? At nursery they have noticed it too, and I got a God awful scowl from the manager as if to say 'how are you brining your kid up here?'
I ignore it to be honest. Shes been doing it forever, and I dont want her to feel that it is wrong, although at the table it obviously is. I tell her kindly to stop and do it when she is alone but she just smiles and carries on!!
Help me!! I am going insane!! I am just the worst mother!
Karen xx
Karen, mum to Sophie

Offline jbepko

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
Re: AGHHHH!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 18:56:16 pm »
My DD is with you on the eating. I've just decided to not making a big deal about it. She eats what's prepared or she skips that meal. She usually takes 30-40 minutes of nibbling/pretending to eat/playing in chair/getting down etc. Then we take her plate away until next meal time.
As far as "hands in the pants" issues. Its normal for young children. I tell her "no hands in the pants" and if she continues she needs to go to her room and she will need to be in there alone. If she knows it gets your attention, she may actually do it more frequently- so if possible, ignore (easier said than done though :P).
Jeni