Author Topic: tough days  (Read 999 times)

Offline jenlee918

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • our adorable little audrey e. lee
tough days
« on: June 20, 2006, 16:45:25 pm »
My 3 month LO has been on a 3 hour EASY for almost 4 weeks (maybe a little less) and has taken to it like a dream!  :D However today, she is just not into it.  I had to pat/ shush her for her first am nap until it was time to feed, and now I am ridiculously walking her around in a front carrier (she will scream bloody murder if I put her down).  Has this happened to anyone else?  I have a feeling she's really irritable because of the weather- it just got really humid and feels like it's going to pour (yuck).  Anyways, you guys always are so encouraging and reassuring, plus it's nice to have a place to turn to when you're haveing a tough day (I hope this only lasts today [fingers crossed].

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: tough days
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 18:53:08 pm »
my dd was exactly the same today... sooo overtired and sooo impossible to put down for a nap. I had to walk around the whole flat with her in my arms/front carrier to stop her screaming...
it's just incredibly hot and stiff here and I think that's the problem not allowing he to nap/sleep properly.

hope the weather will ease a bit soon...

big hugs to you and your LO :)
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline Southernbelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Mom to three beautiful kids!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 00:50:50 am »
I went thru the same thing with my DD on Sunday....I was ready to cry myself by the end of it!  Hang in there.  It gets better!
5 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 months

Offline Jahmum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Jah-Jah
Re: tough days
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 18:29:29 pm »
Yeah, my LO has a hard time falling asleep on the humid days. I usually let her sleep in her diaper with only a light cloth to swaddle on those days. I find that even though we have a/c, on the really humid days she still heats up when she's falling asleep so I will put a fan in the room with her too. That helps her to settle a little quicker but I don't fight her to sleep on those days. Somedays are just more tiresome than others and I tend to go with the flow then. As long as she sticks to her routine most days and keeps sleeping thru the night, I don't stress about it  :D!
[url=http://www.snugglepie.com]