Author Topic: Baby waking toddler...question re. timing of naps/bedtime  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Baby waking toddler...question re. timing of naps/bedtime
« on: June 21, 2006, 12:57:55 pm »
Carm is back to herself.  She's trying to skip naps (I haven't let her though) and she's taking 1-1.5 hours to fall asleep at night.  She's falling asleep around 8:30-9:00 p.m. (she goes in at 7:30) and goes in for her nap at noon.  Now my problem is that the baby wakes every morning around 4:30-5 a.m. and wakes Carmela.  She doesnt cry out, just rolls around in her bed for 1/2 hour or 1 hour and goes back to sleep until 7-7:30 when baby wakes again.  So my problem is I'm not sure if she's tired for her 12:00 nap since now she's technically sleeping later (even though I'm not sure how well she is sleeping once she goes back to sleep, everytime I check her on the monitor she's in another position).....so should I push back nap time and bedtime???

Offline imsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
Re: Baby waking toddler...question re. timing of naps/bedtime
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 14:20:17 pm »
That's a tough call because even though she is technically sleeping later she's also had a broken sleep which, as we've all experienced, isn't as restorative as an unbroken one! When Margot had nightwaking and would sleep in I kept her nap pretty much at the same time but would move it a half hour either way depending on how tired she seemed.  My main concern was trying to preserve bedtime.  You could try the later naptime for a few days to see if she will go down easier then but given her late sleeptime at night I wouldn't let her nap too long past her usual time.