Author Topic: Am I the only one..  (Read 926 times)

Offline becky1969

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
Am I the only one..
« on: June 22, 2006, 01:23:30 am »
who has a LO that has a LONGER A time first thing in the morning? I thought that was the norm until I started reading other threads and realized that for most people it's supposed to be shortest in morning, and then get longer thru the day. But with my LO it seems like he can stay awake longest in morning, and then as the day goes on he gets tireder and tireder. His naps used to be 2 hours in morning, 2 hours in PM and then a 30 minute catnap, up until about a week or so ago. Then he shortened that morning nap all on his on gradually, until now it's 1h20-1h30. His afternoon nap was staying at 2h (altho the past 2 days it's been last than 1h30 because of gas issues  ::) ). Anyway, am I possibly missing his cues in the AM? Or is this just a peculiarity of my LO?

I guess if I think about it, his AM nap is the one most likely to go awry, so possibly I'm missing cues? But really he RARELY has a bad nap unless we're reaching a 4 week marker, at which time we usually need to extend A time to get naps back on track. But then my PM nap can often have more sleep disturbances so maybe I *am* putting him down too soon! I'd always assumed he was just gassy because he's arching his back a lot, but not really waking up all the way.
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!