Author Topic: Does this sound like anything?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline AndrewBoy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Does this sound like anything?
« on: June 22, 2006, 02:01:47 am »
Hi,

I am the very tired mom of a 4 mo. old.  He has had issues since birth, sometimes he is fine for a couple of days (will even sleep through the night 6-7 hours) and then we go through another rough 4-5 day stretch.  I am just trying to eliminate any possibilities.  My first child had food sensitivities when I was BF her and she had very obvious signs.  My ds is different and I'm not convinced it is food but maybe someone out there can help me.  He is so fussy at night for about 3-4 hours and then will wake at around 3-4.  He seems wired during the day.  Even when I extend his naps to 1.5-2 hrs. he is tired and fussy.  When I nurse him (about every 3.5 to 4 hrs.) he pulls back and will sometimes come on and off.  If I try to end the session he screams.  He just never seems to relax.  He has some gas but not what I would call excessive and it usually doesn't have an odor unless it smells like bf poops.  His stools are brownish yellow and are thin.  He was stretching out his bm's but is now going daily again.  He doesn't seem to be bothered with passing gas or having a bm.  He seems young for teething and I don't see or feel anything.  Since this has been happening for so long I assume it is something different.  Has anyone experienced this?  I am so tired of trying to figure it out.  I have kept a food log to try and see a pattern, no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline jayne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:29:54 am »
could he have reflux?
jayne

dd#1  05-14-2001
dd#2  08-06-2004

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Does this sound like anything?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 11:07:55 am »
Reflux does sound like a possibility to me too - have you checked out the reflux forum on this site? The ladies there are VERY knowledgeable. Another great site with a message board is infantreflux.org. My own DD is still getting over reflux at 10.5 months and had food intolerances as a newborn too.

Have you tried the elimination diet for a full 2 weeks to see if it makes any difference?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline AndrewBoy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 15:31:40 pm »
I have tried the diet and we have him elevated...doesn't seem to make a difference.  I will check out the reflux forum just in case.  Thanks for the input!

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 17:33:39 pm »
I would suspect everything that's already mentioned.  But there's a sticky on one of the forums about dysphasia (sp?) as another thing that can disrupt their feeds and tummies.  Check that out as well.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt