Author Topic: I need advice........  (Read 798 times)

Offline Sonya F

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 22, 2006, 13:52:36 pm »
........I am new to the board and in need of help. My 12 month old will not sleep in his crib at night. I am a stay at home mom for 6 months and have TRIED to get this child on a schedule. He still takes his bottle a couple of times a day, usually has a nap during the day but the problem is he will not stay asleep when I put him in his crib. (This is during the day as well). At night he cries until I come into the room and last night I tried to soothe him by patting him gently and he would lay back down. A minute later he is crying again and I go back in and repeat the process from 2-3:45am which he FINALLY went to sleep. We have a bedtime routine, he does not have a lovey, plays well with his 5 year old brother and is otherwise a good baby. Same goes for naps, won't sleep in his crib and wants me to hold him. This is draining for me, as I cannot hold him all the time. He is teething, but  has been for awhile. Am I going in the right direction and how long is this going to take? I feel like I am caring for a newborn again for the past month. Thanks...........

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: I need advice........
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 15:11:30 pm »
imo lo's really do thrive on routine - if you could start implementing one even at this age it would be very helpful to you and your lo. as i said - routine - not schedule - no time constraints - more doing the same thing every day around the same time - and your lo should be getting at least one to two naps a day (most  likely two) so that he doesn't get overtired. as it does sound as if your lo is overtired and therefore waking due to jolts and just not sleeping well in general. you may want to visit the easy forum to get some ideas on how to start getting your lo on a routine. good luck!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005