Author Topic: HOw to implement a bath with EASY?  (Read 767 times)

Offline mrsjenf

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 23, 2006, 16:05:10 pm »
If we want to put him down around 8, do I feed at 7, play, then do a bath and then put to bed?  Or, should I bathe, then feed and then play and then bed?

Offline miaria

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 16:09:18 pm »
I always played first I used to put my kids on the changing mat with no nappy and paly with them they love being free of their clothes.  I would leave them as long as they were happy and then bath them, feed them straight away and put them down to bed usually they are wrecked with a full belly by then so hopefully straight asleepzzzzzzzz  I wouldn't feed first cause you will be only putting them to bed and they will be hungry in no time and if you play after the bath you are stimulating them which isn't a good time before bed anyway bathing is playing according to babies cause they are getting lots of loving attention from you but they are also relaxing so it is a good wind down and then a lovely warm bottle and bed

Enjoy
Marie

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: HOw to implement a bath with EASY?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 17:57:07 pm »
For some babies it's better to bathe before a feed as to not make them sick to their tummy from being shuffled around in the bath.  It's just a matter of finding what works best for your lo.  For some, a bath is soothing, for other's it's too stimulating (being cold afterwards, and the drying off, etc), and the feed last is better to resettle them for bedtime.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007