Author Topic: time to move to a 4 hour easy?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 23, 2006, 16:40:10 pm »
My dd has been on a 3 hour easy for awhile now, she has been doing a couple of things leading me to believe she's ready to move to 4 hours but i'm not sure...first, she's 3and 1/2 months.  Lately she's been crying after her bottle as well as draining it (she's a great eater!) she takes 4.5 ounces per feeding.  she's been napping around an hour and a half after her feed, but a few times at different times of the day she's been able to go longer even than 2 hours of activity.  the big problem i have w/ changing her to 4 hours is that she is a 30 min napper. :P  at least once a day i can extend but it's challenging.  her morning nap i usually don't try to extend b/c she's so happy when she wakes up from it and i've even been putting her down before she appears tired, which makes me think she can go longer but i have been afraid to go to long b/c i don't want her to be napping to close to a next feed.  Any ideas or suggestions, on if i should make the change and if so some tips for the transition?  thanks  :)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: time to move to a 4 hour easy?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 06:52:27 am »
Could you post your current routine please including amount she is taking at each feed?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 15:13:33 pm »
i am terribly sorry for not replying sooner...a family thing came up and i've been preoccupied.  but in the midst of that dd just made the transition!  i thought it would be a real challenge but for once i just jumped in w/ both feet, trusted my instincts and so far, so good...but thank you for replying  ;)