Author Topic: 5 months 10 oz bottles!  (Read 749 times)

Offline summersusu

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
5 months 10 oz bottles!
« on: June 24, 2006, 23:52:00 pm »
My LO will be five months next week.  He has been having cereal and some fruits for breakfast in the morning after his bottle per dr. advice to start solids for the past two weeks.
He weighed 16 pds at 4 month check up and 26 1/2" long.  He likes the food and opens wide and swallows and ummmmms as he eats. I only feed him a tablespoon or two.
He was moved to 4 hour EASY at 4 months and takes 8 oz at every feeding. 7,11,3,and 7.
He also gets 2 ounces juice for ongoing constipation issues (way before we started solids and introducing fruit has helped that issue).
Today, for his 3 and 7 feeding, 8 oz was not enough, he drank 10 oz.  I tried to hold him at 8 but he cried and cried and would not go to bed until I fed him the extra 2 ounces.

Do you think I should introduce another meal or wait to see if it is a growth spirt.  If I wait to see if it is a growth spirt, how long should I wait?
Thanks

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: 5 months 10 oz bottles!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 04:26:11 am »
Give it a go try a 2nd meal after his 11am bottle for lunch. Perhaps you can start trying some vegetable mixed with the cereal and see how you go.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07