Author Topic: 3mth old sleeping problem -  (Read 991 times)

Offline Lori A

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3mth old sleeping problem -
« on: June 26, 2006, 17:10:17 pm »
my 3mth old wakes up every 2-3 hours.  she is a good size.  she goes down with a paci and it takes about 20 minutes for her to fall asleep.  she sometimes does not settle and kicks all night.  could this just be gas???  I do not want to wean from soother if she has gas..............I end up bringing her into bed because I so tired.  she kicks all night and the paci pops out

How old is your child? 3mths
What’s his/her daily routine? wakes plays with infant toys, goes for walks outside, has two siblings aged 22mths and 3.5yrs old
What’s nap routine? put baby in crib, turn on ocean waves, give paci, pat bum for about 20 minutes until she is asleep, wakes after 40 minutes
How long are naps? approx 40 minutes
What's bedtime routine? Time? same as naps, around 7:30-8
Do you bottle or breastfed??breastfed
How much? or how long? every 2-3 hours, 10-15 minutes only on one side
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)
How many wakes per night? 3
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? starts to fuss, then cry loud, I usually bring her into bed and give boob and then we end up co-sleeping for rest of night
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? fussing, cannot let cry or she wakes up siblings, then I have three kids crying UGH!!!!!!!!!
What have you tried to settle?? paci or boob
What do you do for A time and how long is it? during day approx 1 hour - play and walks
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones?nope
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)-no
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? paci
Do they have a lovie?no
proud mother to

Abbey - born Dec 3/02
Owen - born Aug 17/04

Offline linfran

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 18:10:41 pm »
Hi Lori, big hugs from someone else on the night shift!!!!  Mind you I just have the one lo, so you deserve a medal!!  It must be really hard to try and settle your lo trying to keep the others asleep (do they do earplugs for kids yet?).

The one thing I've noticed is that your lo's nap times seem quite short at 40 mins - could this mean your wee one is overtired when it comes to bedtme?

Also, have you tried a dreamfeed at night (between 10-10.30pm) to see if you can keep her going a few hours more?  When she wakes at night, does she actually feed or just use your boob as her comforter?