Author Topic: NW rising quickly AGAIN what do I do??  (Read 826 times)

Offline moppiemom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 5
NW rising quickly AGAIN what do I do??
« on: June 26, 2006, 20:40:19 pm »
While things had been getting better for us over the last month and a half (not good, but better), all of a sudden my 6.5 mo's NW have risen again, and are getting unbearable. She wakes MANY times in the early evening (from 7/7.30 - 10) then generally has a solid block of sleep until 3/4 am, then starts waking often again. I'm afraid it may have something to do with her increasing mobility, but hopefully someone has some suggestions anyway!
How old is your child? 6.5 mo
What’s his/her daily routine?
       6:30/7 wake, bf, then A time ±2hr
       9-11 nap 1.5/2hr
       11 bf then A time ±3 hr
       12 lunch - solids (usually some fruit)
       2.30 bf, then nap (she's not usually ready for a nap before this time anymore)
              this nap is sometimes only 45 min (and wakes in a good mood), sometimes 1.5h
       3.15/4 A time
       5pm Solids (usually veg)
       6pm start bedtime routine (watch baby einstein, bath)       
       6.45 bf
       7/7.15 asleep
       10/10.30pm bf (never dreamfeed because she always wakes before I get there)
       4/5 am short bf if she seems hungry (that is, if she wakes several times in a row)
Do you bottle or breastfed?? bf
How much? or how long? approx 15 min
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed) both, except if middle of  the night feed is necessary
How many wakes per night? evening, 2-3, and early morning 2-3
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? very loud crying, often wiggling around her bed until she's bumping her head against the cot bars (may turn herself around or creep to the top of the bed) - sometimes she goes back to sleep within minutes and sometimes she's up and crying for an hour or more
What have you tried to settle?? shush/pat (using white noise) or just patting
What do you do for A time and how long is it? 2-3 hours - all sorts of things!
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? within the last few weeks she's really figured out how to roll and is starting to get up on her knees and propel herself forward
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? No - except that she needs me there and patting her to fall asleep!
Do they have a lovie? yes

I'm so discouraged since things were finally starting to be bearable and are now on the slippery downward slope again :-(
sweet textbook/spirited Madelief, born 10 Dec 2005