Author Topic: dream feeds and waking  (Read 1071 times)

Offline rosie and joe's mummy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • baby joe
dream feeds and waking
« on: June 27, 2006, 14:20:37 pm »
i've just read a few topics about dream feeds.  some people say that dream feeds occasionally make babies wake more frequently.

do those babies always do that or do some babies grow into doing that?

i'm also wondering if they can make some babies wake earlier?

I've been wondering about dropping rosies dream feed for a while as she's not really been taking much but i'm a bit scared to do so in case she strats nightwaking again. however in the last week or two she's been waking earlier than normal - at about 5-5.30 rather than 6-6.30 and i wondered if maybe that's the trouble?

just voicing my thoughts so any info/ideas/explanations welcome thanks!
rosie - 12/12/05
Joe 17/03/08

breastfed angel babies!

Offline Gippie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 12:51:29 pm »
MMM, I have heard the same and we are at 7 months and DD has started some 2 am wakings - I dropped the Df one night and she wsa fine and other nights she waked for it????   Past 2 nights we have HAD he DF and also had NWS at 2am and then she is up at 4am.  I DO notice that each wake is 4 hours after the last   DF at 10, MW at 2 and wake for day ay 6 - I wonder if I am detting up a feeding pattern instead of a sleeping pattern?   

Tonight I will do w2s and see what happens.  You know I almost THINK for SURE that the DF interuppted her sleep cause last night she took 12 ounces before bed and I DF'd her 2 hours later - NOOO WAY she was really hungry.    I will post back here after I tweak the issue.   

Wish I could offer advice rather than simply commiserate with you.  In Tracey's book Solves....she outlines dropping the Df schedule - although I was BF in the DF I was going cold turkey.  If the cold turkey does not work, I will bottle feed the DF and wean as she says.    We are also weaning from the last BF right now anyway.

Stacey

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: dream feeds and waking
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 16:29:25 pm »
If Rosie's not taking much at the DF and is also waking earlier, I would try dropping it. If it doesn't work, you can always take it up again.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline rosie and joe's mummy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • baby joe
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 16:47:15 pm »
well I'm going to try it tonight.

TBH it would be convenient to drop it before the end of July as we're going to a wedding and it would be good not to have to leave a sitter to do the DF. last time we did that she woke during the DF and the sitter found it hard to get her back to sleep and she had a very unsettled night - not good from my point of view after a night out!!

we'll give it a go and i'll let you know if it helps.
rosie - 12/12/05
Joe 17/03/08

breastfed angel babies!

Offline Gippie

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 14:27:19 pm »
Hey there all - posting back on last nihgt.

Jessica - you were a reat help in suggesting w2s last time nad well...I am back here sounding off and tweaking the schedule....grrr.

OK, canned the DF, did w2s at 1.  She passed hte 2 am wakeup  and woke at 4:30 - nursed a LITTLE and went back to sleep.

Tonight's plan - get the DF back and do w2s again.   I am going to follow Tracy's dropping the DF scedule in her book - does not seem right to just DROP it.   

Stacey

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 21:42:58 pm »
Don't worry Stacey, it always seems that once one thing is straightened out, something else crops up!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o